User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MORryde pin box

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franktafl View Post
    Do you remember which model MORryde you purchased?
    RPB72-1621HD-05

Actually we bought a one year old used one. It was half the cost a new one. Another RV owner had to purchased a new tow vehicle for his new Jayco and his new truck had the bed side tool boxes which would not clear the pin box in a turn. They had to buy a new pin box and was selling their MORryde, exactly the same size we needed.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    RPB72-1621HD-05

Actually we bought a one year old used one. It was half the cost a new one. Another RV owner had to purchased a new tow vehicle for his new Jayco and his new truck had the bed side tool boxes which would not clear the pin box in a turn. They had to buy a new pin box and was selling their MORryde, exactly the same size we needed.
    Replying to myself here and how I changed out our pin box. We use the B&W Companion hitch. To get the old Lippert pin box off, I had it locked in the Companion, removed the bolts and used the front landing gear to raise the RV and clear of the frame wings. Then to install the new MORryde pin box, locked it into the hitch then backed the truck under the wings. It took a little time to get the truck aligned just right. Lowered the RV using the landing gear and aligned the new box to the wings, got a few bolts in and used a big steel drift in the remaining holes to get the final bolts in, then torqued all the bolts to spec. Took a lot longer than 30 minutes though.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that’s how I envisioned the process to go. I have a rigid impact wrench and a torque wrench. I imagine it will take longer than 30 minutes, but as a previous construction equipment mechanic, I’m used to dealing with heavy items. I suspect the hardest part would be aligning the truck to get the new pinbox installed. If it weighs 144 pounds, I’m going to have lots of difficulty, 32 pounds, not so much. I also have an Anderson ultimate which i will need to install the accessory plate needed to insure stability. Which, judging by the write ups adding that accessory would also benefit the regular hitch owners by adding extra strength to the pinbox.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you remove the pin box, dont forget to check if you need to remove the break away switch and VIN plate. You might have to drill new holes for both depending where GD mounted them.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I ordered the replacement yesterday, Amazon was $1.00 more than etrailer.

The VIN is mounted on the portion of the pinbox that is mounted permanently to the rv, the rest so easy to remove. I hope!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do yourself a favor and measure the height of the pin from the bed of the truck.

Different pin boxes generally have different dynamics, and using the same joles can net you either a lift or drop it do you don't have enough clearance with the bed sides.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s something that concerns me. The angle of the MORryde looks different than the original box on the pictures I have seen. It looks more flat than the original.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franktafl View Post
    On the Amazon website, they list the shipping weight of the pinbox at 144 pounds while the mfr says it weighs 32 pounds!
    If that's the case, there's a "1" missing from MORryde's number. The pin box weighs well over 100 lbs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If that's the case, there's a "1" missing from MORryde's number. The pin box weighs well over 100 lbs.

Rob
    Ours arrived on a pallet from E-trailer so I assume that weight includes the box/shipping pallet. I did not weigh the pin box once unboxed, but I agree with Rob and place it at @125 lbs.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow with the MorRyde and Anderson Ultra. I like the combo. I have had to replace the rubber strip on the front of the MorRyde. Can't reach the back one but it looks OK. Noty all the chucking is gone but a lot of it is.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast