User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MORryde pin box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the same Solitude S class 3540gk r last year. A 2021 model , it was used. Standard Pin box was on this Solitude. We bought the MORryde pin box RPB72-1621HD-05 from Amazon. Cardboard Box arrived in ruff shape from shipping. We had previous experience with MORRyde pin box.

2 of us swapped the pin box out. I'm 68, my buddy is 72.. We put the MORryde up in the frame with 2 bolts at the rear as the MORryde hung down. Lifted the front of the pin box up in place. Slipped more bolts in place.. I installed the new MORryde pin box in same position as the OEM pin box. All sits correctly, same heights as the OEM pin box.

It removes a good amount of the chucking and we are happy with it for the $$ spent. We also use the B&W Companion hitch for our 2021 F-350 DRW truck diesel 4x4.

Per CAT Scale weight, loaded, our Solitude puts 3700 lbs onto the truck. With 2 of us old pharts in the truck, about half tank of fuel, empty grey & black tanks. 20 gallons or so of fresh water.
    Last edited by Tony_in_AZ; 11-01-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK
    F-350 DRW Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, 144 pounds and the box is leaking parts so I gotta take inventory when I open the box just to be sure I have everything-found some parts on the ground around the hitch. Ups guy dropped the hitch on the ground. I gotta lift it in stages. Time for me to get creative!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I did it, with lots of maneuvering and with the aid of tie down straps, I changed the pin box yesterday. Took me a little over four hours (by myself-including beer breaks). The old pinbox weighed a little over 40 pounds and was nothing in comparison to the MORryde. I also had to change the ACTUAL HITCH PORTION OF THE PINBOX BECAUSE I USE THE ANDERSON ULTIMATE. That took another two hours. Anyway, it’s done and maybe now I can tow with a little more comfort and not completely worry about the stress the jerking and chucking caused with my transmission and drive train.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it done. Have you gone for a test ride yet? Any noticable differences?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not yet and it will be a while before I venture out again. I would like to purchase a new truck -looking at a gm product like a high country or some such 2500 HD model. Etc.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have a 5th wheel 310GK with a hitch that is too high. The B&W companion is on it's lowest setting. The Morryde hitch has an set of holes higher than the original Grand Design setting. Is there any reason I shouldn't raise the Morryde hitch to its highest setting in the pinbox?

Assuming that there isn't a reason that I shouldn't raise the hitch, I thought I'd use the B&W to hold one end of the hitch and a 2X4 on a small floor jack on the pinbox end. Then I could lower the trailer front end with the trailer levelling system and align the holes. What torx should I use to tighten the bolts?

Alex
    2022 Solitude 310GK, 8K Axles, Disc, 300 Watt Solar
    200 AH Battle Born in Lock Box, Dreaming About More Batteries and Solar
    2021 GMC Crew, SB, SRW, Air Bags

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexAder View Post
    Hi,

I have a 5th wheel 310GK with a hitch that is too high. The B&W companion is on it's lowest setting. The Morryde hitch has an set of holes higher than the original Grand Design setting. Is there any reason I shouldn't raise the Morryde hitch to its highest setting in the pinbox?

Assuming that there isn't a reason that I shouldn't raise the hitch, I thought I'd use the B&W to hold one end of the hitch and a 2X4 on a small floor jack on the pinbox end. Then I could lower the trailer front end with the trailer levelling system and align the holes. What torx should I use to tighten the bolts?

Alex
    As long as you would maintain 6 - 7" of clearance between the trailer and the bed rails on the truck it's fine. I adjusted a pin box one and did exactly as you propose - left the pin on the hitch and used large pieces of wood (a piece of RR tie included, if I recall) to block and adjust the back of the pin box. Those things are heavy! The engineers recommend using all new hardware of the proper grade when you do something like this. I think I spent about $30 on new bolts, nuts, lock washers, etc. You can tell the grade of the bolt by the number or radial lines in the head.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123