Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MORryde pin box

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde pin box

I’ve got the Solitude-S ST3540GK-R. Should have negotiated the MORryde pin box at the time I purchased but unfortunately, never heard of the term ‘CHUCKING’. Now, I’m looking at replacing the solid lippert with something that will give me a more comfortable ride.

Has anyone changed their pin box? Which one did you use? Pro’s? Con’s?

I seem to be having an issue communicating with the “pros” at MORryde about which hitch will directly replace mine. I’m going to be towing with the Anderson ultimate hitch so I will need to purchase the extra plate for the MORryde. I see Amazon has some of their hitches on sale and I have NOT checked with the dealer yet for pricing. I’m more than capable of changing the pin box out but I want to be sure I only need to do it once.

Anyone have some fatherly advice (besides go directly to the dealer and pay those prices).?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franktafl View Post
    I’ve got the Solitude-S ST3540GK-R. Should have negotiated the MORryde pin box at the time I purchased but unfortunately, never heard of the term ‘CHUCKING’. Now, I’m looking at replacing the solid lippert with something that will give me a more comfortable ride.

I seem to be having an issue communicating with the “pros” at MORryde about which hitch will directly replace mine. I’m going to be towing with the Anderson ultimate hitch so I will need to purchase the extra plate for the MORryde. I see Amazon has some of their hitches on sale and I have NOT checked with the dealer yet for pricing. I’m more than capable of changing the pin box out but I want to be sure I only need to do it once.

Anyone have some fatherly advice (besides go directly to the dealer and pay those prices).?
    I had the Publix replaced by the dealer with a Morryde Rubber Pin Box and haven't looked back since.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed out the standard Lippert 1621HD with the MorRyde pin box back in May of this year. Good results but don't think it removes ALL chucking. It will reduce it significantly. No change with respect to vertical movement. You need to verify the current pin box P/N. Then on the MorRyde website look for the cross reference. The trailer GVW plays into the selection process, so the correct rubber durometer is selected. I purchased through E-trailer after seeing that they matched Amazon pricing plus an additional 10% discount. After >8000 miles of towing with the pin box I would do it again based on reduced chucking/cost and above all a happy DW.
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We too changed our 1621 standard pin box on our S Class with the MORryde. True it doesn't eliminate all chucking but substantially reduces the effect. The MORryde web site has a great interchange guide. But then again we use a standard B&W Companion.
    I would just find the best price with shipping. Rarely do we ever go to RV dealers.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We too changed our 1621 standard pin box on our S Class with the MORryde. True it doesn't eliminate all chucking but substantially reduces the effect. The MORryde web site has a great interchange guide. But then again we use a standard B&W Companion.
    I would just find the best price with shipping. Rarely do we ever go to RV dealers.
    We also use the standard B&W Companion hitch. Rock solid combo. No looking back.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a comment, I called the dealership where I purchased my RV, they want $1700.00 to install a new pin box. They said they put four hours labor to change it. The pin box itself was $950.00. MORryde said it would take 30 minutes to change it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

Do you remember which model MORryde you purchased?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a comment, I called the dealership where I purchased my RV, they want $1700.00 to install a new pin box. They said they put four hours labor to change it. The pin box itself was $950.00. MORryde said it would take 30 minutes to change it.
    I would love to see someone change a pin box in 30 minutes.....and have it adjusted the way it should be.

It takes longer than 30 minutes to assemble the tools and equipment needed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the Morryde site, find the pin box, select product docs and look for fitment guide. This will help you choose. Installation is easy, if you're doing it yourself, back the truck up so tailgate is under pin box, and make cribbing to hold the old and new in place with wood or a floor jack, etc. They arent very heavy unless you are switching to something like a Goosebox. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221029-084215_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	43597
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Amazon website, they list the shipping weight of the pinbox at 144 pounds while the mfr says it weighs 32 pounds!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast