User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Peel-Away-Countertops"

Well... Third trip out in our 2021 Imagine 24MPR, (bought it new) and the faux marble countertop skin is peeling along edges, and delaminating. At the galley, at the bathroom , and on the removable dinner table. We have not been down, or over to any of the high humidity, hi-temp climates. Just roving about the seven western's and that's about it. Interior temps kept between 50-75, maybe a little hotter at times.
    I'll not bother GD or the dealer about this. "That" would be too stressful.
    I'll address with it myself. GrandDesign, and the dealer have enough to deal with.
    Just sayin...​
    Last edited by BoatFix; 10-28-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quality of materials in Imagines is the lowest in the industry. Cabinet doors will warp as well sooner than later. Just pressed wood
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact cement works well on this problem. I've been chasing my tail for a long time with GD to try to find the supplier of this covering. I wanted to build a small table and match the covering and cut down the dinette table. I know if I try to cut down the dining table that the covering will raise and come loose and I really don't see it looking right if glued back together and the covering cemented down. The tables and countertops are made by a company in Elkhart ( imagine that ) named Patrick Industries but neither GD or Patrick seems to be able to tell me anything. Both have been totally useless on something that I would think is an easy answer !!!!, like who supplies the material ? The material is pretty tuff stuff so if you can do the contact cement deal I think you will be OK. I replaced the sink in our bath and when cutting the hole bigger the covering started to come up a bit but the contact cement worked very well. If per chance you would ever find out who makes or supplies the covering, please post it.
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatFix View Post
    Well... Third trip out in our 2021 Imagine 24MPR, (bought it new) and the faux marble countertop skin is peeling along edges, and delaminating. At the galley, at the bathroom , and on the removable dinner table. We have not been down, or over to any of the high humidity, hi-temp climates. Just roving about the seven western's and that's about it. Interior temps kept between 50-75, maybe a little hotter at times.
    I'll not bother GD or the dealer about this. "That" would be too stressful.
    I'll address with it myself. GrandDesign, and the dealer have enough to deal with.
    Just sayin...​
    Maybe a very small amount of clear epoxy resin? Brush it on in very thin coats. May be more durable than contact cement.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem with my counter top edges on 2021 22RBE. I used Gorilla glue (the non expanding type). I spritz some water under the peeled area then used a small brush to get the glue under the edge. I then taped the edge down with painters tape until the glue dried. Worked great. Don't think its coming up again. BTW check around your kitchen sink to make sure it has a bead of silicone where the metal lip meets the counter top. Any water in there will cause the laminate to peel.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjake392 View Post
    Contact cement works well on this problem. I've been chasing my tail for a long time with GD to try to find the supplier of this covering. I wanted to build a small table and match the covering and cut down the dinette table. I know if I try to cut down the dining table that the covering will raise and come loose and I really don't see it looking right if glued back together and the covering cemented down. The tables and countertops are made by a company in Elkhart ( imagine that ) named Patrick Industries but neither GD or Patrick seems to be able to tell me anything. Both have been totally useless on something that I would think is an easy answer !!!!, like who supplies the material ? The material is pretty tuff stuff so if you can do the contact cement deal I think you will be OK. I replaced the sink in our bath and when cutting the hole bigger the covering started to come up a bit but the contact cement worked very well. If per chance you would ever find out who makes or supplies the covering, please post it.
    Patrick Industries is into many different things. they are buying transporter services delivering trailers to distributers.
    Denny & Lorna
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2011 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins Long Bed DRW