User Tag List

Thread: Water leak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leak

I have a 2022 Imagine 28BH, and a few times will using it I have seen water on the floor in two spots. The first was just off the end of the wall that the bunk ladder is on. It came off the corner into a little pool in the middle of the floor. There is no plumbing there, and that was doesn't go up to the roof. The outdoor mini fridge is behind it. I pulled the fridge the second time I noticed it and it was bone dry on that side.
    The other place I noticed it was off the end of the wall that separates the bedroom from the kitchen (where the barn door is). It pooled off the end of that wall into the doorway between the bedroom and kitchen.
    I've seen this a total of 3 times, once in the bedroom and twice at the bunks. When I wipe up the water it has never come back for the rest of the trip each time. I wasn't using the AC any of the times it happened.
    If I can figure out how to add pictures to this post I will for further clarification.
    It doesn't seem to be related to plumbing, and it's usually about 4 oz. or less of water each time.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Did you figure out what caused it? Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear that you are having trouble with water @Boring Jamie. As you say, pictures would be helpful. It does sound like a bit of a head scratcher.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water leak

First Jamie, I see this is only your second post. Welcome to the forum! So sorry you have this wetness mystery.

Looking at the floor plan, you do have the hose bib in the back corner. Check under the bottom bunk and ensure that is dry, it is a straight shot from the bib, which is a cheap plastic fitting prone to cracking.

In the other area you do have the kitchen sink in close proximity to that door. Water has a way of migrating. It is odd that it is such small pools and very random and infrequent. That makes it hard to diagnose.

I would start by checking all the fittings for tightness and cracks in both areas.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open your outdoor kitchen. In the rear there is an access panel. Open it to find the water heater.
    Your PEX connections are likely leaking there. Everywhere that they used braided PEX they will leak because they used the wrong style of elbow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your suggestions, I figured out what it was. The metal door frames have a tendency to collect condensation, especially when it's cold outside, like at night. Through the night the moisture would condense on the frame and leak down to the floor. When the trailer was parked so that the side opposite the doors was the low side, the water would run along the wall till it reached the end, then start to pool up there. We are going to invest in a dehumidifier before or next excursion and see if that does the trick.