Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde IS flat tire change 2022 GD 390 RK/R

Had Morryde IS with disk brakes installed. Very happy with smoother ride and improved braking! Curious if anyone has had a flat tire with the same suspension? If so how did you raise the tire to change out the flat?
    I know the GD manual states not to use the leveling jacks. The Morryde manual shows pictures of two places to lift on the suspension. I’m curious what you did if you had to change a tire? I replaced a bent shock by raising the tire with the leveling jacks. I tried using a 2 ton floor jack on the lift points Morryde recommended with no success.
    Thanks
    JBS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d think a 2 ton floor jack might be out of its league trying to lift even part of a ~17,000lb trailer.

I use a 12 ton bottle jack at home and carry a 6 ton on the road. My trailer is ~5000lbs lighter than yours.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point! Thanks

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert's (and thus GD's) statements on using the hydraulics to raise the trailer are CYA. Collectively, the jacks are rated for almost twice what the trailer weighs. I have used the hydraulic system to raise the wheels off the ground to replace the tires and to adjust the height of the MORryde IS (moving the spring plates to a different set of holes to raise the trailer). I use jack stands under the frame for safety when doing anything other than a single wheel change. If I didn't use the hydraulics, I would use the bottle jack out of my dually to raise one wheel at a time.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybsd View Post
    Had Morryde IS with disk brakes installed. Very happy with smoother ride and improved braking! Curious if anyone has had a flat tire with the same suspension? If so how did you raise the tire to change out the flat?
    I know the GD manual states not to use the leveling jacks. The Morryde manual shows pictures of two places to lift on the suspension. I’m curious what you did if you had to change a tire? I replaced a bent shock by raising the tire with the leveling jacks. I tried using a 2 ton floor jack on the lift points Morryde recommended with no success.
    Thanks
    JBS
    I would use the Jack’s without concern; I have. When I replaced the tires on our old 377. I lifted all four off the ground and took the wheels and tires to the shop.

With the IS you also won’t need to lift as high either. They come off the ground pretty quick, the wheels don’t hang anywhere near as far as with the stock suspension

If you dig you can find it the early advertisements on the six point system stated lifting to change the tires as a feature. I think the lawyers put the stop to that.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob
    Describe how you use your bottle jack to raise one tire.
    Thanks for your service

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks my friend

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks my friend
    Rob
    Describe how you use your bottle jack to raise one tire.
    Thanks for your service
    @Jerrybsd -

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you have a paid membership, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

That said, I have only used the hydraulics to raise the wheels on this Solitude. If I were to use the bottle jack, I would put it under the bottom rear corner of the beam assembly for the wheel I want to raise as suggested by MORryde.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @Jerrybsd -

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you have a paid membership, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

That said, I have only used the hydraulics to raise the wheels on this Solitude. If I were to use the bottle jack, I would put it under the bottom rear corner of the beam assembly for the wheel I want to raise as suggested by MORryde.

Rob
    Thank you Rob