User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take all the "watchouts" I can get. The Navigator is a body-on-frame format and can accept a WD hitch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Went Early 2022 View Post
    Hi Folks,

We've got our eyes on a 2023 17MKE that we would pull with a Lincoln Navigator 3.5 liter V6. This will be our first TT and want to make sure we get it right. The truck has a towing capacity of 8,600 lb and a tongue weight of 860 lb.

We've done a ton of reading and I'm confused/concerned about tongue weight and impact on the SUV payload. We have 1,367 lb available. With two people, gear and a dry tongue weight of 480 lb we're at 980 lb in the truck before loading the trailer.

How can I determine how much we can load in the trailer before the tongue weight drives past the payload limit? Is the Navigator a good fit for the 17MKE?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

In the days before the internet and computers, I had a 21' travel trailer made in the 60s. In those days trailers were much heaver than they are today. For example that trailer had a SS fresh water tank that used air pressure rather than a water pump for fresh water flow. I had no problem pulling that trailer with my 1970 Ford LTD sedan,
    Later on a bought a Chevy suburban with a 454 engine. I could do 80 up the Wurtsboro hill pulling the trailer with that puppy.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12