User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New kitchen sink stink thread!!

Hi all. I've been reading through the forums and have not come across our particular problem or a solution to it.

We have a 2022 GD Momentum 23G Toy Hauler. After using it a bit this summer, on the last few trips (Mid Sept. and Late Oct) we noticed a stinky smell under the kitchen sink. But only sometimes. The first time we noticed it was when we were loading up for our Sept. trip.

I checked and it appears that this model does not have the AVV system under the kitchen sink (Bathroom yes). On this model there is a pipe that vents directly out the side of the trailer and has a rain cover to shield it.

I have checked under the sink and it appears that the drain/vent pipes are all intact and glued.

There is no smell from the drain itself, but the smell did get worse after we did the dishes.

Does anyone have an idea for the next thing to check?

Thanks!

Dale

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you have water in your p traps. It evaporates over time and the sewer gas can come back into the trailer. Makes you want to have extra clean gray water tanks--and black water tanks too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same issue periodically in our 260RD. We make every attempt to ensure the tank is clean but for 2x now, we have had a smell from the sink. We ensure it is flushed good before leaving and the wife uses the Elimonate tabs. https://www.campingworld.com/elemona...E&gclsrc=aw.ds Usually they work just fine but sometimes they don't. Like mentioned, keeping water in the traps is important. We also keep a small container of bleach (real bleach, not the imitation stuff). When we get the smell, I add a cup of bleach to the drain, add a quart of water and that will neutralize the odor quickly. So far, it has worked every time when the odor rears it's ugly head.

Good luck.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks we will try this. I know that the first time we noticed it, we were at home packing up to leave. Then again during the trip, but maybe after we changed campgrounds, so maybe we are getting a dry trap. the only thing is, I would think that the smell would be in the sink, not under the sink. But we will keep looking at this. I'm sure keeping the grey tank cleaner will help also.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bio method, bio method. Will be your friend, and, cheap.Easy to do, last long time. Again, bio method.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, so I should try Bio Method?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BobinICT had a stinky tank - Bi Bi oh!
    And in the tank he put Bo-rax-oh - Bi Bi oh.
    And now that tank smells sweet and clean, Bi Bi oh.

Sorry - couldn't resit the temptation.

Have a fun day!.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I did the Borax and dawn trick and WOW. It really worked great. We had drained the tanks when we left our last camp. At home I put in the borax and dawn. filled about 1/3 with water, let sit overnight. then I drove about 15 miles to a local county park to dump and I was amazed at how much more came out. We will be using that from now on.

Currently winterized, but we might try to take a trip south sometime this winter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleahoke View Post
    Well I did the Borax and dawn trick and WOW. It really worked great. We had drained the tanks when we left our last camp. At home I put in the borax and dawn. filled about 1/3 with water, let sit overnight. then I drove about 15 miles to a local county park to dump and I was amazed at how much more came out. We will be using that from now on.

Currently winterized, but we might try to take a trip south sometime this winter.
    Here's a little article that explains why and a slightly different recipe for the geo method. https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad it worked for you. I'm sold on what I use. I've read about the Calgon with Pin-Sol and never tried it. Actually, I hate the smell of Pin-Sol. Reminds me of the days living in Army barracks.

Also, I premix a gallon and keep it ready so when we dump, all tanks get about a third poured in them and off we go. I then remix a new batch when we've stopped so I have it at the ready for the next dump. Everything we need for dumping is stored in a hard sided Coleman cooler mounted on the bumper including the gallon of mix. And yes, I've drilled drain holes in the bottom of the cooler. Still on the lookout for a poop sticker to put on it.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast