User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been back behind the wall to change out the WFCO and didn't see anything out of place, loose, or crushed - but that was back in April. We used the furnace in 34F weather in May and didn't notice such a big difference as recently. Same temperature range, thermostat set to 64 and it's 74 up top and down right cold back by the sofa. Blower runs much weaker on 12v also. Warranty visit on 23rd so we'll see if they come up with anything before I start digging.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know where you got that information, but it's not correct. The Suburban furnace in the Solitude 310GKs is rated at 35,000 BTU. It has nothing to do with the fireplace.

Rob

Edit/PS: the GD web page clearly separates the 35,000 BTU furnace from the 5,000 BTU fireplace:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...oorplans/310gk
    Hi Rob, that info came from the Solitude brochure I got from the dealer. You're right about the furnace its rated for 35-k BTUs but the sales brochure claims "40,000 BTU of heating power". Below that in smaller print it says "A high performance furnace and fireplace combine to deliver the heat." I laughed a little when I saw that because its a sales thing. I sure could have used that extra heat during the Polar Vortex!
    2019 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW
    Reese Goosebox 20-k

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I've been back behind the wall to change out the WFCO and didn't see anything out of place, loose, or crushed - but that was back in April. We used the furnace in 34F weather in May and didn't notice such a big difference as recently. Same temperature range, thermostat set to 64 and it's 74 up top and down right cold back by the sofa. Blower runs much weaker on 12v also. Warranty visit on 23rd so we'll see if they come up with anything before I start digging.
    Yes, something has changed. If you haven't already done so, check both slide seals. The passenger side slide on mine somehow moved about an inch towards the rear. It took 2 of us to push it back to center. The nuts that hold it weren't that tight so hopefully thats why it moved to begin with. For your furnace blower motor to suddenly run slower is suspicious. I hope the dealer figures it and corrects it. Let us know what they find, thanks.
    2019 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW
    Reese Goosebox 20-k

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 440scout View Post
    Hi Rob, that info came from the Solitude brochure I got from the dealer. You're right about the furnace its rated for 35-k BTUs but the sales brochure claims "40,000 BTU of heating power". Below that in smaller print it says "A high performance furnace and fireplace combine to deliver the heat." I laughed a little when I saw that because its a sales thing. I sure could have used that extra heat during the Polar Vortex!
    That is laughable! We're nearly always plugged in, but there are a lot of people who boondock - and even we have occasional power outages (or power "outrages" if you're in Texas or California). More proof that the marketing folks aren't RVers...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I think I found one problem and maybe more. It's 35 out and I flipped the furnace on about an hour ago running on battery only. Went back in and the lower thermostat read 57F (up from 39) and a separate digital thermometer I put on the recliners said the same. Went up to the bedroom and that thermostat READ 89 and the interior wall leading up to it was hot. My son had complained about his deodorant melting and now I know why. Opened the vanity door and got one heck of a blast of hot air - 110v romex running through a roughly cut hole in the bedroom wall behind right side bathroom vanity door measuring about 1' wide by 4" high. I opened the pass thru and that wall feeds down into the 'race-track' ducting. I'd normally assume that the hole is a return but clearly it's pumping out a lot of hot air.

So for those with similar rigs, is this a return and normal construction or a mod when dealer installed the Splendide? I have no idea what the blue cable is for - the romex goes to the GFCI. I suspect that bedroom wall came off for install of the washer/dryer - anyone done that? Also, can anyone confirm how 110v gets to closet where the washer/dryer is? I know the factory pre-plumbs hot/cold, but I never saw an outlet in the closet when I looked initially. Shoddy work either way - how long before the romex insulation has a hole rubbing against a rough wood hole?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole in wall.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	43864
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no "racetrack" ducting in the basement - that's for the ACs in the roof/ceiling assembly. From your description of what's happening, it sounds like one or more of the flexible ducts has come off the furnace plenum in the basement. Have you visualized the plenum on the back of the furnace?

The photo is not large enough for me to tell what type of cable the blue one is.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There is no "racetrack" ducting in the basement - that's for the ACs in the roof/ceiling assembly. From your description of what's happening, it sounds like one or more of the flexible ducts has come off the furnace plenum in the basement. Have you visualized the plenum on the back of the furnace?

The photo is not large enough for me to tell what type of cable the blue one is.

Rob
    Rob,

There is definitely hot air duct work between two aluminum floor supports in the pass thru with a hot air discharge (small white vent see pic below) and it was very hot with the furnace running. I haven't been behind the pass thru since new so I'm not sure if anything has slipped off but there was no hot air flowing from behind the false wall.

The Blue 'romex' has no imprint or writing on it but is connected to the 110v GFCI under bath vanity top. Nice row of staples too....

Name:	ductwork.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	43865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	romex.jpg 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	43866

Do you have the round heat discharge by the floor and door in your bedroom? Given that the wall was so hot up to the bedroom thermostat, I'm guessing that the connection to the heat register either came off or is compromised? Or maybe I have a heated roof.....
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Well, I think I found one problem and maybe more. It's 35 out and I flipped the furnace on about an hour ago running on battery only. Went back in and the lower thermostat read 57F (up from 39) and a separate digital thermometer I put on the recliners said the same. Went up to the bedroom and that thermostat READ 89 and the interior wall leading up to it was hot. My son had complained about his deodorant melting and now I know why. Opened the vanity door and got one heck of a blast of hot air - 110v romex running through a roughly cut hole in the bedroom wall behind right side bathroom vanity door measuring about 1' wide by 4" high. I opened the pass thru and that wall feeds down into the 'race-track' ducting. I'd normally assume that the hole is a return but clearly it's pumping out a lot of hot air.

So for those with similar rigs, is this a return and normal construction or a mod when dealer installed the Splendide? I have no idea what the blue cable is for - the romex goes to the GFCI. I suspect that bedroom wall came off for install of the washer/dryer - anyone done that? Also, can anyone confirm how 110v gets to closet where the washer/dryer is? I know the factory pre-plumbs hot/cold, but I never saw an outlet in the closet when I looked initially. Shoddy work either way - how long before the romex insulation has a hole rubbing against a rough wood hole?

Name:	hole in wall.jpg 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	43864
    I have the same model Solitude as yours and there is no return air for the furnace in the bathroom vanity. There's only a supply vent to the right of the toilet. Like Rob said there is a good chance one of your furnace supply ducts has somehow disconnected or is ripped open from either the bathroom vent or bedroom vent and is blowing up near that wall. For that thermostat in the bedroom to read 89 and your sons deodorant to melt, tells me hot air is getting into that wall where the thermostat is and thats what is melting things in your medicine cabinet. They're both on the same wall but on opposite sides. The duct that feeds your bedroom probably is disconnected from the bedroom vent. FYI, when everything in your heating system is connected and working properly, it really is a good system. Because of the floor plan with the bedroom being upstairs you can expect it to be just a couple degrees warmer than the downstairs areas. Sounds like you're on the right track and you'll figure it out.
    2019 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW
    Reese Goosebox 20-k

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested, this is what GD sent me for a 2022 310GK for heat/ac ducting and registers which is different than what we have.

Name:	heat ducts 310.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	43873
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's not as built. There is a cold air return under the steps but instead they show a supply vent. Then, a cold air return at the pantry which is correct but they left out the cold air return under the buffet/coffee bar. I know you said you're taking it to the dealer on the 23rd but did you find the cause of the hot wall between the bedroom and bathroom?
    2019 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW
    Reese Goosebox 20-k

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast