User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Second Chance;461185]First, you definitely need to remove the board blocking the air return. Use some hardware cloth on a frame, instead. As for blocking the bedroom heat vent, many do for the very same reason. It should force that air to the other outlets.

Rob[/QUOTE]X2 on not blocking the return air. I have blocked off the bedroom vent to force more heat into the garage, It works perfectly
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=huntindog;461190]
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    First, you definitely need to remove the board blocking the air return. Use some hardware cloth on a frame, instead. As for blocking the bedroom heat vent, many do for the very same reason. It should force that air to the other outlets.

Rob[/QUOTE]X2 on not blocking the return air. I have blocked off the bedroom vent to force more heat into the garage, It works perfectly
    thank you guys. Blocked off the bedroom register last night (8 degrees low) and it was much more comfortable to DW, and a little more heat in the living area.
    I will follow your and Second Chance's advice on the cold air return as soon as it gets a little warmer outside ( next couple of days. There does appear to be other routes for cold air return in our model - there is a space to the belly under the the lowest shelf in the pantry (hidden by a vertical panel from the shelf to the floor, with the bottom Cut out to 3 inch height another piece of board 3 inches high offset about 3inches behind the front panel. A rather awkward description, but I can see into the belly. Seems to be a cold air return with less chance of cats getting through !

As always, I so appreciate all you guys and your encyclopedic knowledge !
    2021 Solitude 3540 GK, Reese Goosebox 20K, TST 507 TPMS, RV Airflow
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/10 speed Allison, LB DRW 4WD
    previous: First "rig" was a '68 VW Bug and 2 backpacks
    1972 Starcraft 8 tent trailer, '73 Chevy Blazer
    2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg tent trailer, '07 Toyota 4Runner
    2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29QBS, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 4WD, Equal-i-zer hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Infacr, we replaced all of our registers with closeable types since we dont use our furnace.
    Jim,
    Are these the Valterra dampered vents (4") on Amazon for example? Sorry to resurrect this older thread but just went to the dealer getting ready to pick up after warranty work and it seems like they were working on the heat issue in the vanity. I would like to close off the coffee bar register and maybe dampen the bedroom a bit.
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the post that has 9 lives! But then the uneven heat problem is still common....
    Got cold enough here in western CO last night to run the propane furnace, and woke up this morning thinking "that's right, I was going to look into that issue". On our 378 the bedroom and mid-bunk room are hot, while the living area is still chilly....bedroom is somewhere in between.
    I'm thinking of changing a couple of the round heat ducts to the "adjustable" ones in order to be able3 to force more air to the island ducts, but before I break something, how do the factory ones come out? I pried on them a bit, but they didn't seem to want to pop off.
    Anyone experienced this?
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The center part that rotates pops off, giving access to mounting screws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure which model you have? I had the same trouble with my 375RES which has a raised rear living room.

The bedroom was super hot and raised rear living with single vent barely blew air.

GD advertises the coach to be within a couple degrees throughout. The "brain trust" aka dealer wanted to tee off the bedroom and dump the residual heat after in underbelly. DUMB!

My personal resolution:

My furnace is mounted horizontal. So.... the bedroom run which is hot and coming off the top port I moved to the bottom. The living room which was cool I moved from the bottom port to the top port off furnace. Helped significantly but not close enough for me. Then I spliced the bedroom/bathroom run using a 4" tee with the now top run heading back to the rear living. BOOM! ALL WITHIN A DEGREE OR TWO 😀

"Those Experts" Just takes a little thought.

The plenum are easily switched at furnace. The 2 tee splices took place in the bottom of the drop frame next to the tanks. Had plenty room as those 2 lines run next to each other.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I ever posted the resolution to the lack of heat in the bedroom and the huge heat flow into the bathroom vanity itself which tended to melt things. Got quite a surprise one evening with the furnace running when we opened the door to get something out of the vanity - wind tunnel. I had to pull the false bottom off in the vanity and below picture is what I found (which also explained the discrepancy between the bedroom thermostat reading in the 90s and the main thermostat set and reading 65). All of the bedroom heat was flowing between the bedroom and bath walls into the actual bath vanity. The second picture is of the huge hole cut by GD to run wires to/from the bath GFCI on the inner wall within the bath vanity which became my default bedroom heat register instead. GD had only put one screw in one corner of the flange. The air flow from the furnace was enough to lift the flange off the main duct in a short period of time. It all checked out fine at delivery but got worse within a couple of overnights with the furnace on and well on our way west.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heat flange not screwed to floor.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	49394

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole in wall.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	49395

Dealer first said they couldn't find anything wrong, then told me everything was normal.
    Last edited by ajg617; 01-16-2024 at 06:43 AM.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ajg617 glad you got it figured out and hopefully before that Arctic cold front hit. It's a shame that the dealer didn't put out the effort needed to correct this problem.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 440scout View Post
    @ajg617 glad you got it figured out and hopefully before that Arctic cold front hit. It's a shame that the dealer didn't put out the effort needed to correct this problem.
    Frustrating thing is they had to replace the bedroom wall under warranty - should have been able to see it then. And they never opened a case with GD. So I kind or ruined the false floor of the vanity (stapled up into non-removeable support 1/2x1/2 trim pieces). Really to do it right, would have to remove the whole vanity. Now I'll just look for a piece of 1/1000" luan to replace what I damaged
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345