User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oldredm3

Wink Lack of "Quality" Audio Video

I am about to purchase a Solitude 369 RL. I called and spoke to the Product manager at GD and voiced my displeasure of this industry's lack of decent video and audio hard ware. I recently purchased and ordered brand new bennington pontoon with out an audio system due to the oe using Sony junk (audio the TV's are quite good!). When speaking to him he understood what i was saying but stated "Customers don't care". I told him they have a great product and the Cheap junk they ad to the units cheapen it. I recommended they at least have an option for a upgrade on the AV system. the brands they use are the lowest quality there is. Also stated was the durability of heat and cold vs vibration is one reason for this product. This is a weak excuse for adding junk to a quality unit. The distributor that sells my company's product is the largest Consumer Electronics Distributor in the US and when I told them this they laughed. Obviously not the case. I am probably going to order with out any electronics but with the wiring and then add my own AV.
    so my plan is to buy quality LED HDTV for the rig. Most probably ad either a home AV receiver/Amp or a Polk MM Series system which is what i added to the Boat. The PM stated that the audio system was 110AC but sounds like that may not be true from the posts i have read. any verification on this? I will also bail on the speakers in the rig and if i can replace with the Polk MM series speakers i will (depends on the space the OE speakers have)
    So, is anyone else dissatisfied with the quality of the AV electronics or am i all alone in my thoughts"

FWIW i am an audiophile somewhat. After designing and installing my 1700 watt system to the Pontoon (named "The Tune") i have yet to hear one that's cleaner in sound than mine. I didn't do 1200 watts sub and 500 watts mids and highs for volume but clarity.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will interesting to find out if they let you do a AV equipment delete. The GD line of RV's have a very limited list of options a customer can make. I've not ever heard of an AV delete credit.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thought provoker! Do you think a RV dealer would be qualified to install a quality system, or source one to include in your unit? Package deal?
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

oldredm3
    Bennington didnt have a delete option either but i had it done. they had to call the factory. Also they needed to make sure all the wires were there and clearly marked. they may not do this but either way they cant be paying much for the Junk AV stuff they buy...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are saying "they cant be paying much for the Junk AV stuff they buy..." then I doubt that there would be much of a credit, might as well just get it as is and swap it out when it comes could probably sell the stuff you pull out to someone else for more than the credit would be worth
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed

oldredm3
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    if you are saying "they cant be paying much for the Junk AV stuff they buy..." then I doubt that there would be much of a credit, might as well just get it as is and swap it out when it comes could probably sell the stuff you pull out to someone else for more than the credit would be worth
    quite possibly what will happen i would imagine...

i guess the point with this point is that this industry doesn't use quality electronics. Hope GD is listening...

Norcalrv1
    Our furrion TV lasted a full 5 weeks. No tech support no service so I junked and bought a Samsung from Costco and it has worked for a year

oldredm3
    OUCH! I guess i better plan faster! Any idea what kind of size a person could go with in those things?

Norcalrv1
    Our 337 is a 40 inch
    The cd player and radio are 12 volt TV 110.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

scott42blue
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-Stereo-Upgade

This may be of interest.
    Scott

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speakers and tires 005.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	2752

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast