User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insignia model RNG-24SS9

I have some *good news* for others that are having trouble with their Insignia range, model RNG-24SS9.

I received a phone call from an Insignia employee. It's taken me two years to get to this point to receive assistance.

We have a GD 2021 310GK. It was built in September 2020 and we bought it off the dealer's lot in October 2020. GD only covers the oven for one year. After that, it's the manufacturer's warranty. Problem is you need to know how to find their online procedure to obtain help. And I finally found that process.

Our oven temperature always traveled between 250 degrees and up to almost 500 degrees. The flame would often go out so I would have to actually stay near the oven and look in the window every few minutes to make sure it was still lit.

It turns out that model had quite a bit of trouble and has been redesigned. NOTE: Insignia is owned by Best Buy.

Below is the method to use to get authorization for repair, or as in our case, they are sending out a completely new oven.

I've also seen in the cases of folks that have had their burner knobs melt, they were also sent a new oven.

Customers should fill out and send this form:
    https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us

You should then receive an email with a case number and then should fill out this next form:
    https://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbfb...=GSPServiceReq

On the second form, In the Geek Squad Plan Number space you should enter: OEM WARRANTY
    Submit it and wait up to about 2 business days for Geek Squad agents to contact by phone to explain the process and next steps to follow.
    NOTE: The phone number from the Geek Squad shows up as a Spam call.

You can have them send the new oven to you or to your dealer. Installation charges will be your responsibility. The oven is very easy to take out, and to install the new one. It's your choice as to what you do with the old oven.
    'MyGrandDesignRV' member#: 42052

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this @WestCoasting, may save someone some heartburn in the future.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=WestCoasting;454713]I have some *good news* for others that are having trouble with their Insignia range, model RNG-24SS9.

I received a phone call from an Insignia employee. It's taken me two years to get to this point to receive assistance.

We have a GD 2021 310GK. It was built in September 2020 and we bought it off the dealer's lot in October 2020. GD only covers the oven for one year. After that, it's the manufacturer's warranty. Problem is you need to know how to find their online procedure to obtain help. And I finally found that process.

Our oven temperature always traveled between 250 degrees and up to almost 500 degrees. The flame would often go out so I would have to actually stay near the oven and look in the window every few minutes to make sure it was still lit.

It turns out that model had quite a bit of trouble and has been redesigned. NOTE: Insignia is owned by Best Buy.

Just wondering if you might have an update. So curious if you received the new oven, got it installed and how it works. Does the new one require constant power to operate? Looking to purchase a 310GK in part because of the Insignia cooktop/oven but not if it's only going to be a problem.
    Thanks
    Mark

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi 501derful...... Yes, we received a *FREE* new oven from Insignia. We had it shipped to us and we installed it ourselves. It was very easy to do. It's the same model, just upgraded to the 'improved' version. It does seem to work like it should. We haven't really been out camping too much but have used it and are satisfied with it. I had posted all my progress with this on a FB Grand Design page for our model GD, and another 16 or 17 people followed my steps and also received new ovens. If you have it shipped to your dealer and want them to install it, it will cost you out of pocket as GD nor Insignia will pay for the installation.

NOTE: Insignia is the ‘house brand’ of Best Buy.

Here are the steps I took to get a new oven:
    Be sure to let them know the oven temperature always fluctuates between 250 degrees and up to almost 500 degrees and that the flame often goes out.

--Customers should send Insignia an email using the email form on this page:
    https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us
    --You should then receive an email with a case number, and they’ll send you a link to fill out another form.
    --In the field for "Best Buy Geek Squad Plan Number" enter: OEM WARRANTY
    --Submit it and wait approximately 2 business days for Geek Squad agents to contact by phone to explain the process and next steps to follow.
    NOTE: The phone number from the Geek Squad shows up as a Spam call.
    Last edited by WestCoasting; 08-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so very much for the response. Have you been able to use the new oven enough to ascertain if it will operate properly WITHOUT a power source constantly on? It seems ludicrous that a stove/oven in an RV would require being plugged into 120v or running a generator during the entire time the oven is operating in order for the pilot ignition to operate again and again as the oven cycles to operate and maintain the set temperature. I could understand running a generator to turn the oven on and get it lit as long as you can then turn off the generator for the remainder of the cook time. We use the oven often in our current rig and often for an hour or more. If insignia is going to force us to use a constant power source then that just might (sadly) cause us to look for another RV other that Solitude. Just interested in what you were able to learn once you operated the 'improved' model they sent you. Good job getting it installed yourself!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, yes, you only need the power to ignite the oven. Thank goodness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information.