Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine XLS front metal cap

To any Imagine XLS owners out there or anyone else that knows. How well does the front metal cap hold up ? Does the paint fade after time and what do you use to take care of it ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've only had ours for 2 years now and it looks like it did when we got it. After each trip, I wash and brush off the bugs and then use Wash Wax All.
    Some members do use a wax only product on the cap to make bug cleaning easier.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under the impression that the Imagine front caps are fiberglass. Am I mis-impressed?
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I was under the impression that the Imagine front caps are fiberglass. Am I mis-impressed?
    The Imagines are but the Imagine xls is metal.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The decals are multilayer with silver being the bottom layer. Bugs and stones went through the upper and middle layer showing the silver base. Not sure there is much you can do on that.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 xls front cap is rolled metal with a baked on brown textured paint and then the decals applied.

I’ve used Wash Wax All on the entire trailer several times including the front cap but couldn’t get the bug splats and bird droppings off the cap with it. The trailer sits facing the sun when in our driveway between trips so the splats and droppings get hard. I have several bird feeders in our yard so in this case I’m my own worst enemy

Someone on another forum recommended Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray for the front cap. I bought a bottle and gave it a try applying several coats. It has helped for sure, the droppings and splats come off easier when I wash it but I still have to use elbow grease. Water beads up on the cap pretty good. I use Meguiar’s Gold Class car wash which is gentle and doesn’t remove the Wash Wax All or CMX ceramic coating.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck getting bug splats off using a product called Awesome that can be found a the Dollar Store. The sooner you remove the bugs the easier it is.
    2020 Reflection 273MK