User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Looking for Real World Scale Numbers for 388M/350G with SxS

Hi All -

New here and new to 5th wheel campers. Have done a ton of reading and appreciate all the good detail on there. Wife and I really like the Momentum line of trailers, too, so trying to make that work. Tow vehicle is a '21 Denali HD 3500 SRW with 3700lb payload. I am fully aware that the 388M, and maybe even the 350G, is at the top or above many commenters comfort zone for a SRW. However, the wife and I are weekend warriors, can travel light, and like the extra room. Our "counterweight" is a 2019 Polaris XP4 Turbo with extras that prolly weighs in at about 2000lbs.

So I am looking for real world scale results and specifically pin weight numbers for 388M or 350G trailers. Open to all data points and understand there are a myriad of variables here, but most interested in a situation like ours with a 2000lb(ish) of cargo in the garage.

Open to hearing other experiences fitting 4-seat SxS into 388M or 350G trailers as well. We happen to like this floor plan the best, but open to all comments and experiences.

C...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. Hopefully members with those models will answer your question soon.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadiman View Post
    Hi All -

New here and new to 5th wheel campers. Have done a ton of reading and appreciate all the good detail on there. Wife and I really like the Momentum line of trailers, too, so trying to make that work. Tow vehicle is a '21 Denali HD 3500 SRW with 3700lb payload. I am fully aware that the 388M, and maybe even the 350G, is at the top or above many commenters comfort zone for a SRW. However, the wife and I are weekend warriors, can travel light, and like the extra room. Our "counterweight" is a 2019 Polaris XP4 Turbo with extras that prolly weighs in at about 2000lbs.

So I am looking for real world scale results and specifically pin weight numbers for 388M or 350G trailers. Open to all data points and understand there are a myriad of variables here, but most interested in a situation like ours with a 2000lb(ish) of cargo in the garage.

Open to hearing other experiences fitting 4-seat SxS into 388M or 350G trailers as well. We happen to like this floor plan the best, but open to all comments and experiences.

C...
    Check out our weight thread here. It may have what are looking for.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Check out our weight thread here. It may have what are looking for.
    I did find and check this thread. One related entry is one for the 350M which seems to be consistent with the factory specs. No other context was given (per instructions), which leaves little to be gleaned from the numbers.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadiman View Post
    I did find and check this thread. One related entry is one for the 350M which seems to be consistent with the factory specs. No other context was given (per instructions), which leaves little to be gleaned from the numbers.
    I'll bet if you send a PM to the person who posted in the weight thread they would be glad to answer the questions you might have. And here I thought keeping the entries there to the basics would be ok - live and learn.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'll bet if you send a PM to the person who posted in the weight thread they would be glad to answer the questions you might have. And here I thought keeping the entries there to the basics would be ok - live and learn.....
    I didn't mean for my comment to sound like harsh criticism of the thread, and I can see wanting to contain a thread like that to "just the facts". The nuance maybe with toy haulers, and especially ones with larger garages as those mentioned here, is that a LARGE portion of the trailer CCC (40%-50% in my case) may or may not be present. And moreso that load is always behind the trailer axles which is highly favorable in the pin weight battle. I don't see this same case being an issue for traditional 5th wheel camper use cases. So no worries :-)