User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Transcend 221RB brake noise

I drove home from the dealer and didn’t realize anything wrong (about 20 miles). Next time I moved it I heard what I thought were the chains dragging, but no. Had a friend identify where the sound is coming from and it’s from the front right wheel. Super loud like metal tumbling around in the brake drum. Called coach-net and they are supposed to be sending a mobile mechanic out, I’m not risking driving it. Haven’t contacted Grand Designs yet. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Purchased brand new July 2022

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing for sure. I would jack it up, spin the wheel and if suspect, pull the hub and replace parts as needed. Which your mobile tech can likely handle. These things can usually be fixed pretty easily. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for parts.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial guess (based off how you described a "tumbling around" sound and not a constant squeak) would be that the cap with the rubber grommet fell off the end of the hub.

You should be able to pop the little center cap off the trim center ring and see in there.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    My initial guess (based off how you described a "tumbling around" sound and not a constant squeak) would be that the cap with the rubber grommet fell off the end of the hub.

You should be able to pop the little center cap off the trim center ring and see in there.
    I took the cap off of the hub and felt around and greased. It’s more of a sound like shaking a jar with about 5 coins in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Disappointing for sure. I would jack it up, spin the wheel and if suspect, pull the hub and replace parts as needed. Which your mobile tech can likely handle. These things can usually be fixed pretty easily. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for parts.
    Very disappointing.