User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those Silly Cap Lights

For years when camping we would see campers with their cap lights on. People would keep them on all night. As a former hybrid tent end owner that was really frustrating to have that light shining on us ALL NIGHT. I often wondered, why the heck are the manufacturers putting those lights there anyway? They are useless and silly.

Well, on our very first trip with our new Reflection we set up in the dark. They came in handy for that.

Then today I had to pull our rig to motor vehicles for registration and plate transfer. They have to physically see the VIN on the camper. So, I hooked everything up to drag it across town. By the time I got back it was dark.

We use a trailer valet to pull our trailer into the pad vice using a truck. You can't use a truck because the pad drops off. And there are several reasons why we like to pull it in vs back it in.

Tonight the lights came in handy again. So... maybe they are not so silly. But I promise never to leave them on all night and be rude to my camp neighbors.

Ron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221102_191653563_HDR.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	43675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221102_191642605.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	43676
    Last edited by ron045; 11-02-2022 at 06:58 PM. Reason: SP
    Ron

2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2022 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. They do have a purpose at times. But they are very annoying all night when the hit the crack in the shades that shines in my eyes all night.

At Maverick Ranch in Big Bend you’ll get a knock on your door to turn them off. It’s a dark sky RV park, no lights after sunset.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can maybe see how one can accidently forget to turn them off but there's also those that are clueless and those that are careless.
    I like that knocking on the door. I wish campgrounds would patrol a few times after 11pm and also take care of those that think that are the only ones on the campgrounds and feel they have a right to party.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so many staycation/longterm CG campers, we see them on all the time in CGs even when the owners aren't there. Our 295RL only has a short LED "hookup use" string of white lights over the pinbox, but Im not sure how a string of LEDs going up the front cap 3 - 4' on both sides in colors (on others) does anything but advertise a certain brand of RV? Whatever..... I guess it might keep mice off the front cap like the bottom LEDs do, duh....?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with those that don't like bright lights on all night. We do keep some lights on all night when we're at a place for several nights or longer, but they aren't all that bright. Since most of those lights hang from the wipers and mirrors on the Foretravel we'll have to see how to use then with the Reflection .

Here at The Ranch we have been warned to carry a flashlight at night since the coyotes are mating now. Apparently a flashlight scares them. Wonder what those bright lights would do to them if they came on suddenly?
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar