Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Solitude - folding chairs dont fit under the bed

So we got the new rig delivered today and set up. Spent the day on various chores to get it ready for living and so far am well pleased with our choice of the 378MBS-R. Really the only disappointment was when I went to store the extra folding chairs under the bed like I remember seeing and hearing sales guys talk about in countless videos. Unless I'm a complete idiot these folders just don't fit in there. I ended up taking them to our storage locker.
    Anybody have the same experience?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    So we got the new rig delivered today and set up. Spent the day on various chores to get it ready for living and so far am well pleased with our choice of the 378MBS-R. Really the only disappointment was when I went to store the extra folding chairs under the bed like I remember seeing and hearing sales guys talk about in countless videos. Unless I'm a complete idiot these folders just don't fit in there. I ended up taking them to our storage locker.
    We had the same experience with our 2017 Reflection. We managed to fit them both in there (we thought), but when we closed the bed, it cracked the leg on one of them.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same unit and same year. I am going to watch this as well. I thought the chairs would fit under the bed as well. If not then I think I will need to put them either in the W/D closet of the walk in closet.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its possible, with the supply issues, that they gave you slightly different chairs which might not fit.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't fit under the bed in my '18 Solitude. But they do fit nicely in the attic of my house. If we have guests over to eat, everybody sits somewhere else...that table isn't big enough for four people.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are in my attic storage at home. We bought some cheap folding metal chairs at WalMart - more compact, lighter, and not used much anyway.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these the factory dinette chairs? In my basement if you are.
    Last edited by ajg617; 11-04-2022 at 10:31 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never tried putting them under the bed - didn't want to give up the storage space. In fact, we gave all four chairs away and replaced them with ottoman benches with nice, cushioned tops and storage space inside. We've had four people at the table comfortably with this setup and have extra storage for lighter, not-perishable food items.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay responding, been moving into the rig and knocking things off the get-it-liveable list…..I will say the only thing I had to adjust was the latch that holds the screen door to the entry door. Everything else seems to work. But I expect that to change at any time!
    So the folding chairs I wanted to keep under the bed for the rare times we have company, but that didn’t work out. The non-folders were going to storage anyway because that light colored fabric shows every mishap. We brought our wood/cane chairs from home to the motor home and will probably do the same for this rig.
    With a full size couch and 2 recliners plus 2 at the dinette that’s more than enough.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 382WB here. Both chairs will fit, but not on top of each other.

One has to go waaaaay in the back on the shelf-like recess. Yours may or may not have a similar configuration.

Good luck!
    2020 Solitude 382WB-R
    2020 F-350 Lariat CC DRW 6.7 Powerstroke