User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pump siphon issues

While winterizing my 295RL with the Nautilus in the winterize mode, the water pump only siphoned approximately ½ gallon of antifreeze. After that the pump runs but will not siphon any additional antifreeze. I have used two different hose sections and checked the intake filter screen. I have tried all faucets with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    DRBGreencastle
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 GMC 2500HD 6.6L Duramax
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure there are no leaks in the suction hose that would let it suck air and make sure that the suction hose hasn't sealed itself to the bottom of the jug.
    I was unable to get the fitting at the end of the suction hose into a jug, so I made a "straw" out of a piece of PEX and a fitting that screwed on to the suction hose, it has an angle cut on the end. Sometimes i have had issues getting the pump to "prime", but once it starts pulling antifreeze it continues.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue getting the pump to prime in the Winterize position. I first made sure that the hose was full of antifreeze, then set the valves to fill the freshwater tank via the pump. For some reason, that got the flow going, then I switched the valves back to Winterize.

We don't use the freshwater tank for drinking, so I didn't care if any antifreeze got into the tank.
    2022 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 7.3
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 F150 SC SB XLT Sport 3.5 EB Max Tow - Sold
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 260RD - Sold

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    I had the same issue getting the pump to prime in the Winterize position. I first made sure that the hose was full of antifreeze, then set the valves to fill the freshwater tank via the pump. For some reason, that got the flow going, then I switched the valves back to Winterize.

We don't use the freshwater tank for drinking, so I didn't care if any antifreeze got into the tank.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give it a try and see what happens.
    DRBGreencastle
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had success getting the pump to prime by holding the jug of anti freeze above the pump using as short of hose as possible. maybe even pour some antifreeze into the hose.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    Ive had success getting the pump to prime by holding the jug of anti freeze above the pump using as short of hose as possible. maybe even pour some antifreeze into the hose.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I’ll give it a try.
    DRBGreencastle
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a poor seal where the hose hooks up. Put a new washer in and make sure it’s tight.
    2016 3500 Duramax/ Full delete
    2019 GD Solitude 310GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got it to work. Switched from winterize to sanitize and when it started siphoning, switched it back to winterize. In winterize mode the pump would run for several minutes with no results but as soon as it was switched to sanitize it immediately started flowing. Maybe it is something in the Nautilus control panel? At least the rig is now winterized.
    DRBGreencastle
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler