User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13.9cu Frigidaire on battery/inverter

All I can say is WOW. Here is my experiment.

7PM to 7AM (12 hours no solar at all)

step 1 was a baseline for just parasitic draw day 1 5.4A used in 12 hours

step 2 was parasitic draw plus inverter powered on no loads. 12A used in 12 hours

step 3 was now putting load on inverter. 29A used in 12 hours!

so if you take out step 2 (I know you really can't ), fridge used 17A in 12 hours! Lol

I wanted a 120v fridge to run efficiently when on shore power and do the same on inverter. This unit being 2cu ft larger then my Dometic 4 door and 100 lbs lighter and $599. WOW

​​​​​​​would love to see a similar test with 12v fridges. Anyone?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting wow indeed.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Amp is an instantaneous measurement of rate, like speed, so say using you used so many Amps in a certain number of hours doesn’t really make sense. If your refrigerator draws 12A, it is using 12A at all times when it is on. Just like if your car goes 70MPH, you wouldn’t say you went 70MPH to tell somebody how far you drove in a day. You’d multiply the 70MPH by the time you drove to get the distance.

If it uses 12A, and runs for 10 hours during a day, you’d say it use 12A x 10H or 120AH in that day.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post

step 2 was parasitic draw plus inverter powered on no loads. 12A used in 12 hours

so if you take out step 2 (I know you really can't ), fridge used 17A in 12 hours! Lol

I wanted a 120v fridge to run efficiently when on shore power and do the same on inverter. This unit being 2cu ft larger then my Dometic 4 door and 100 lbs lighter and $599. WOW

My 16 CF 12-volt refer draws 4 to 6 Amps per hour depending on temps.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying your 120v frig and inverter only draw 58a from the battery in 24hr ? I am no expert but that seam very low. How did you test the amp draw from the batteries
    Last edited by robmcqueen; 11-04-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Are you saying your 120v frig and inverter only draw 58a from the battery in 24hr ? I am no expert but that seam very low. How did you test the amp draw from the batteries
    I purposely did a 12 hour night time test so no solar charging would come into play. I would guess daytime numbers could be a few amps higher total. But this gives me a great base line for overnights at Harvest host stops and travel days. No problem keeping fridge on with my 720w solar 50A scc and 2 BB batteries.

My Dometic running on shore power still used more battery. I was shocked when my battery monitor went from a 4A draw then to a .45A draw just by unhooking the 12v wires when I pulled the fridge.

To answer your other question I looked at my battery monitor at 7PM and I was at 190AH out of the 200AH of battery power. The next morning at 7AM I looked at monitor and it would be at 161AH left, that gave me my numbers. So 190-161=29

Hope that makes sense.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    My 16 CF 12-volt refer draws 4 to 6 Amps per hour depending on temps.
    That's interesting. My average was 2.4ah in this scenario. Can that be right? I wonder if my fridge cycled off more or longer?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purposely did a 12 hour night time test so no solar charging would come into play. I would guess daytime numbers could be a few amps higher total. But this gives me a great base line for overnights at Harvest host stops and travel days. No problem keeping fridge on with my 720w solar 50A scc and 2 BB batteries.

My Dometic running on shore power still used more battery. I was shocked when my battery monitor went from a 4A draw then to a .45A draw just by unhooking the 12v wires when I pulled the fridge.

To answer your other question I looked at my battery monitor at 7PM and I was at 190AH out of the 200AH of battery power. The next morning at 7AM I looked at monitor and it would be at 161AH left, that gave me my numbers. So 190-161=29

Hope that makes sense.
    Thats great. The frig does cycle less at night the during the day. Would love to see a 24h test with the solar disconnect. You can also just cover the panels with a old blanket for testing.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a disconnect before the solar charge controller that I can turn off. Will do that after we get to our SC destination.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Thats great. The frig does cycle less at night the during the day. Would love to see a 24h test with the solar disconnect. You can also just cover the panels with a old blanket for testing.
    Have not forgotten. I want to wait till it warms up again. Been using the furnace overnight.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast