User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Well, no performance problems other than whats been already stated in this thread above.

However, there are some concerns I have with this pinbox (which I have on my 295RL and use unlocked).

1st - unlike the Reese Sidewinder, no zerk fitting to grease the spindle on the turret, requiring a complete removal and disassembly of the unit each year according to Lippert. And, (from my experience) have found that several GD dealership maint shops NEITHER knows it requires such maintenance, or, performs it. Have found dealers of RVs with the Sidewinder do service theirs however.... including removal and greasing like the LCI TP pinbox.

2nd - on earlier versions (my 2019 included), Lippert no longer carries certain parts for my TP pinbox, such as the lube plate. However, when contacted said they would deal with any "issues" of such pinboxes (with discontinued parts) on a case by case basis. Not sure exactly what this could or couldn't mean - will see.

3rd - it is a proprietary pinbox and mount, and does not have a current replacent offered outside of LCI.

As much as I like my RV (with this pinbox) and its performance, I may have had second thoughts in my original purchase knowing what I know now.
    The only replacement thus far is the gen-y. And i want to see since there is a hole directly under where the bearing is at the bottom of this hitch if i can get the hole threaded and add a tube so i can zirk it full of grease to hit the bearing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see from our signature we pull a 260RD with a short bed Ram 2500. We absolutely love our turning point hitch with no issues. The only advice i recommend is to use the wedge that is made for your choice of 5th wheel hitch and do not use the universal wedge that comes with the turning point hitch. Since we use a Curt A16 we purchased the Curt wedge that fits much better than the universal. In terms of back in to hitch up another mentioned that you have to be perfectly in line with the pin box in order to get your hitch to lock in. This is absolutely true, but remember that the pin box swivels, so if your off center a little, just get out and move the pin box to center up on the hitch/wedge. It really is easy and no big deal. Plus, when at camp we move the pin box sideways so it is not sticking out from the front of the trailer. We also use a grease plate that i cut for the wedge. This keeps the pin box from wearing the paint off the hitch, even though it does not turn like a normal 5th wheel pin box, it still chafes a little.
    Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12