Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile RV Repair

My Solitude is permanently fixed so when I recently had a water leak that was diagnosed coming from the valve out of the hot water heater I was grateful to find someone who could come out the next day. However the cost was I thought pretty exorbitant. $600 for replacing a brass nipple. So I'm asking if there is anyone that knows of a good mobile repair service in the greater Portland Oregon area? This is the 5th water leak I've suffered so there are probably more in my future. Suggestions very much appreciated.
    Becky
    2017 Solitude 384gk.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the Portland area, but, had a RV mobile repair guy here in MO come out for $160 initial show up, and then $150 per hr after that. Without knowing more about your exact issue and what was needed, and the costs in Portland....

Do agree however, mobile techs can be expensive. But, maybe like insurance, a "neccessary" and costly evil non-the-less. To offset some of the tech labor cost, I always tender my help to speed things up which help keep their costs down and keep in the back of my mind that any knowledge I gain also helps justify the cost too - especially if next time I can do it myself.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a water leak, it might be less expensive to just call a local plumber.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Second Chance recommend this site not long ago to find mobile techs. https://rvtaa.org/locate/
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Not sure about the Portland area, but, had a RV mobile repair guy here in MO come out for $160 initial show up, and then $150 per hr after that. Without knowing more about your exact issue and what was needed, and the costs in Portland....

Do agree however, mobile techs can be expensive. But, maybe like insurance, a "neccessary" and costly evil non-the-less. To offset some of the tech labor cost, I always tender my help to speed things up which help keep their costs down and keep in the back of my mind that any knowledge I gain also helps justify the cost too - especially if next time I can do it myself.
    Thanks, wish there was water leak insurance.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you,

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post

Yes, our mobile tech in NH was $150 to show up. I reduced his hourly by supplying my own labor to help (hoping I can do it myself next time).

For a water leak, it might be less expensive to just call a local plumber.
    Plumbers can be pretty price also but worth a try.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S