Thread: Slide Control

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Control

Greetings
    Last weekend while we had our 2500RL out, I noticed that our Lippert/Schwintec control box was blinking at me. What I waw was one green blink, and then six red blinks. Owners manual said it was in essence a fault between control motor and control box. Thankfully, the slide came in when we left our site, and the light also went out.

Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated

We are a little gun shy with this system as just earlier this year, we had to replace both motors after system completely failed

Thanks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Greetings
    Last weekend while we had our 2500RL out, I noticed that our Lippert/Schwintec control box was blinking at me. What I waw was one green blink, and then six red blinks. Owners manual said it was in essence a fault between control motor and control box. Thankfully, the slide came in when we left our site, and the light also went out.

We are a little gun shy with this system as just earlier this year, we had to replace both motors after system completely failed

Thanks
    Seems like it may be an intermittent problem since it went away when you pulled the slide in. Could it be a loose connection? Lippert has a free course where you can learn more about the system: https://lippert.thinkific.com/courses/Schwintek
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Greetings

Thanks
    I think you are going to find that fault code a little vague. It could be the cable, the motor, or an intermittent connection based on my experience as well as comments on several forums. Kinda tough to track down unless it gets to the point the slide won't operate. Obviously, the first and cheapest solution is to check and re-seat all connections.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above. Disconnect and reseat at both ends and on each of the motors and see if it happens again.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the information-We will give it a try