User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grease gun recommendation ?

Apparently when I moved from ID to VA, I got rid of my grease gun, at least i cant seem to find it anywhere.

I had a manual one from Harbor Freight which worked ok, but figured I'd see what others recommend since I need a new one.

Mainly will be used for RV wet bolts, 5th wheel hitch, golf cart spindles.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had good luck with the 20V Dewalt Max in getting grease into the wet bolts

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gun is a personal choice but this fitting is awesome.

https://locknlube.com/pages/pick-you...RoCH74QAvD_BwE

It let me juice my wet bolts hands free and without having to take tension of the suspension. It’s slick.
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've got the disposable income, and you already have some battery powered tools, a battery powered grease gun is an option. A rather expensive option though. And you don't want to use them to grease the axle bearings if you use the EZ-Lube "feature". I have Dewalt tools and batteries so I lean toward the Dewalt. The main thing is the 10,000 psi pressure, you want as high a pressure as you can get. And a clamp on zerk fitting is a good thing.

But basically the cheapo from Harbor Freight will work about as well as any.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The gun is a personal choice but this fitting is awesome.

https://locknlube.com/pages/pick-you...RoCH74QAvD_BwE

It let me juice my wet bolts hands free and without having to take tension of the suspension. It’s slick.
    This looks good whatever I go with. On my old 5th wheel hitch, it was really a struggle to disconnect the grease gun because of the clearance around the fitting, this should prevent that issue.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If you've got the disposable income, and you already have some battery powered tools, a battery powered grease gun is an option. A rather expensive option though. And you don't want to use them to grease the axle bearings if you use the EZ-Lube "feature". I have Dewalt tools and batteries so I lean toward the Dewalt. The main thing is the 10,000 psi pressure, you want as high a pressure as you can get. And a clamp on zerk fitting is a good thing.

But basically the cheapo from Harbor Freight will work about as well as any.
    I dont know about disposable income, but I can always justify why I NEED a new power tool. I am a big Milwaukee fan and was considering the M18 grease gun, but reviews are all over the place on that one. I think the M18 version is 10k psi.

Dont worry, I always hand pack my bearings, no EZ Lube for me.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m happy with this one that comes with the locking outlet. Works great for me.

Alemite 500-E Grease Gun, LockNLube Grease Coupler, and swivel (LockNLube Grease Coupler) https://a.co/d/276Qkej
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I’m happy with this one that comes with the locking outlet. Works great for me.

Alemite 500-E Grease Gun, LockNLube Grease Coupler, and swivel (LockNLube Grease Coupler) https://a.co/d/276Qkej
    I was just getting ready to order a locknlube fitting, had no idea you could purchase a combo with the grease gun. Might need to explore this route, better cost than the power version, the Milwaukee one is about $230. I'll need to check my hitch if there are any recessed fittings, I was originally thinking I need the XL locknlube version.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the Alemite. For something that gets used infrequently this has worked well for me for the last four years & the batteries haven't gone dead
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a Lock N lube branded unit a couple months ago to do my wet bolts and the always grease-hungry Hensley hitch. The gun is very high quality and had more power than the mini one we travel with. It cleared one stubborn zirk I couldn’t get with the small gun.

I also like the way the hose clips to the zirk on the top of the gun so it can be hung on a hook in the shop.

LockNLube Lever Grip Grease Gun https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779JM4V2...p_mob_ap_share
    Jeff & Deborah - North Beach, MD
    2019 Grand Design 2970RL "Lucy", Hensley Arrow 14K, Goodyear Endurance Tires
    2019 Nissan Titan XD, 5.6 gas, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 bags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast