Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    I do not have weeks to read that link. It is pretty long. If there is a direct link you would like me to read, I am game.

I am not good with explaining myself so here are a couple videos that does a better job. The second video explains more about larger current chargers but I do not think this is the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQz7vZEYLfY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7m3...XDT7pQ&index=2

Yes, I do understand this is a LifePo4 type battery and not SLA. If the battery types are the same, their full charge voltages should be the same. The charger is designed to put out a certain voltage and tries to maintain that voltage with current. As long as that voltage is not too high for the battery type, the battery will not be ruined. That is my take on it as long as the batteries are the same chemistry, you will be fine.

Of course, everyone can just learn on their own and find out what works for them. My take on the OP is that it does not matter
    Voltage vs SOC is what you have to worry about. Two batteries can be at the exact same voltage and have different SOC and capacities (especially LiFePo4). A charger that switches between constant voltage and constant current can cause issues with different batteries. It's not all about voltage.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceMastiff View Post
    I live in my RV full time. It’s hooked up to shore power and I have a12v deep cell battery hooked up to an inverter/charger in my RV, as most do. Pretty much a stock RV setup. I also have a motorcycle thats parked next to it on a battery tender charger/maintainer plugged into 120AC power.

Question is…..can I just hook up my motorcycle to the RV battery for the winter to keep it topped off and skip the battery tender? Any experience with doing this? Pros and Cons? Thanks.
    @BruceMastiff
    You need to jump in on here….

First question - why wouldn’t you just use the battery tender?
    2nd - will you have a shore power hook up to use the battery tender as well as keep the RV battery topped off?
    3rd - if no shore power why not remove the batteries and take them inside and put them in storage (or use battery tenders).

Lots of unknowns here while people debate on what you propose.

My opinion is that it is not a good idea to charge anything but identical batteries on one charger. Sure, you can, but should you? - probably not.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    @BruceMastiff
    You need to jump in on here….

First question - why wouldn’t you just use the battery tender?
    2nd - will you have a shore power hook up to use the battery tender as well as keep the RV battery topped off?
    3rd - if no shore power why not remove the batteries and take them inside and put them in storage (or use battery tenders).

Lots of unknowns here while people debate on what you propose.

My opinion is that it is not a good idea to charge anything but identical batteries on one charger. Sure, you can, but should you? - probably not.
    According to his profile, the OP hasn't been back on the forum since the evening he posted the question - 3 days ago at this point.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    According to his profile, the OP hasn't been back on the forum since the evening he posted the question - 3 days ago at this point.

Rob
    yeah - why do folks do that? I thought by maybe quoting him he'd get an email..... we'll see... we have to remember people work, so they may take longer to check in on things (or they are running from a hurricane... )
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I would have participated sooner, but I wasn't notified this place was still active.
    I do fulltime with constant 30A. I was plugging my tender into the same outlet as my Progressive Dynamics converter. My RV battery compartment right next to my Rhino 660 (motorcycle battery) and old VW. The house battery is being "charged" constantly and just had an idea of splitting that 12V to my car and Rhino. I posed the question here because I am NOT an electronic genius and assumed "12V isn't just 12V". All the batteries are "good". I was just thinking I could skip an outlet and a second charing device and just let the converter just do what it does, and knock out three items at once.
    Thanks for all the input guys, but since the OP got two very quick and direct replies, I just got a splitter for my battery tender for the car and rhino only. I am still curious where this goes though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original idea was to install a wall mount like this from my house battery and run two 12' extensions to each of my vehicles. Less mess, wires, and an open outlet plug.

Kohree SAE Power Socket Sidewall Port Connector, 2 Pin SAE Quick Connect Solar Panel Flush Mount Connector Plug Cable Weatherproof 12AWG 13.2" w/ 8 Screws for Solar Generator Battery Charger, 2 Pcs https://a.co/d/aT2rE2e

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12