User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the Morryde IS and disc brake conversion done in March to my 2020 Solitude 382WB. Absolutely the best upgrade I have ever done to any of the campers I have owned. When I left the facility I headed west on I80 and it is an absolute awful stretch of interstate until about mid Illinois. I was blown away by the difference heading home compared to going over there. What really amazed me was that I could not (still don’t) feel the trailer hit bumps, potholes, ruts, bridge transitions. I feel them with the truck but nothing with the Solitude. Simply a total game changer.

On top of the IS and disc brakes I had a new pin box installed and a slide out tray put in my front storage. Two more really good upgrades. Everyone at the facility was fantastic to deal with and are the nicest folks. Bent over backwards to be sure you were taken care of.

Definitely highly recommended!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our wish list. Also why we ordered with the 8k axles and discs. Our 310 is pretty heavy, but stuff to pick up after a day on 70, 80, or 90.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    My gosh, this thread has taken a turn. I was not aware that posting a kudos and review of a product would require defending the product. As far as weight added my Momentum was within last weigh in, and that changes depending on what we have in the garage, how much fuel is in the fuel tanks, water in our two fresh tanks. I believe my original CCC was around 3.2k, so I am not going to worry about a few extra or less pounds.

I will leave you with this final thought.

"If i have any issues with alignment I would be happy to get it corrected, whether morryde reimburse or not, rather than go back to towing on the stock spring suspension".
    We just got the IS + disc brakes installed in July. MORE than satisfied! Fantastic service at the Morryde shop and a fantastic, well built product.

The brakes alone are worth the price, but the suspension is awesome as well. Even my wife could feel the difference as a passenger. It dramatically reduced chucking on bad roads and tracks straight as an arrow.

I would highly recommend the Morryde IS modification!
    2020 Solitude 382WB-R
    2020 F-350 Lariat CC DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with all the positive comments on the Morryde upgrades. We had the IS with the Kodiak discs and new heavy duty rubber pinbox installed in December 2020. At the time, I also upgraded to the Timken bearings. Two weeks ago we returned from a 7,200 mile trip to the UP, Yellowstone, southern Utah, Texas, and back to NC. There were some long descents on the trip and the brakes were outstanding and never gave an indication of fading. Friends went with us, who also have a 337, and some of their stuff moved around in the camper where ours always stayed planted. I attribute this to the IS and some good roads on part of the trip. I went with the 7K IS assemblies as the 8K would have been to "stiff" for the weight of the camper. All in all this was a personal preference decision, but at this stage of life, we want to use the heck out of this camper and enjoy the sights this country has to offer. The IS and disc brake upgrade give a huge peace of mind when traveling. We had 19,000 miles on the camper when the install was done and up to that time had no issues other than poor brake performance. Currently, we have over 41,000 miles on the camper and have been very pleased with the performance of the suspension and discs. A job "well done" to the Morryde folks.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 310 is heavily optioned and loaded we are over 15K lbs. I understand the benefits and would love to feel the difference in ride behind me. But honestly, over 12K miles this year I can't say I was disappointed. Yes, we snapped some screws, towels came off the rack, and a cabinet opened but the disc brakes were exactly what I wanted and once the screws were properly replaced and torqued, didn't happen again for the remaining 9500 miles. Still on the wish list and why we ordered 8k with discs after talking with Morryde. Maybe the Goosebox hides what's going on behind me a bit.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even know why they still put drum brakes on trailers. I upgraded my drums several years ago and the difference is night and day. When people ask me about trailers, I tell them to upgrade the brakes immediately.

The independent suspension is, in my opinion, on the same level as the brake upgrade. I haven't experienced it myself, but it just makes sense. Movement on one wheel does not affect any others. If we keep our current trailer, I'll be doing this.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the MorRyde IS installed on our solitude 390RK and what a difference it's made. Drove home with an empty Solo cup on the kitchen island and it was still there when we got home! And the island is behind the axles.

Some of the higher end 5th wheels are including this standard, others are offering it. Hopefully GD sees the light soon. The bigger Solitudes and Momentums definitely need it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2024 Solitude 382WB and ordered it with the Independent Suspension based on reviews like above. We plan on being full timers within the year and want a good ride and less wear/tear on the trailer. 9k option for 2 axle configuration was worth it to us. I also use the TrailerSaver BD-5 hitch and Air Lift 7500 XL air bags on my F-350 SRD.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you ever get the feeling a DRW truck might be a better choice for that trailer, and that really heavy hitch?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch this LCI marketing film for EquaFlex and I think IS might be a better choice for anything heavy regardless of what I am towing it with. What the suspension does is scary and kind of made my mind up. No wonder rear hangers and wet bolts are breaking. Wonder if any engineer at LCI has ever watched it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast