User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    My gosh, this thread has taken a turn. I was not aware that posting a kudos and review of a product would require defending the product. As far as weight added my Momentum was within last weigh in, and that changes depending on what we have in the garage, how much fuel is in the fuel tanks, water in our two fresh tanks. I believe my original CCC was around 3.2k, so I am not going to worry about a few extra or less pounds.

I will leave you with this final thought.

"If i have any issues with alignment I would be happy to get it corrected, whether morryde reimburse or not, rather than go back to towing on the stock spring suspension".
    Not sure who in here is asking you to defend MorRyde. Rob has it for the second time, I have it and would do it again in a heartbeat. But like most things, it's not always just positives. Weight can be an issue if you want to stay under the sticker weight depending how much spare capacity you have. Its a legit question for someone who is considering it. It's a significant amount of weight.

Misalignment was/is a real issue, I haven't seen it on mine but I appreciate the heads up so I can keep an eye out.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    My gosh, this thread has taken a turn. I was not aware that posting a kudos and review of a product would require defending the product. As far as weight added my Momentum was within last weigh in, and that changes depending on what we have in the garage, how much fuel is in the fuel tanks, water in our two fresh tanks. I believe my original CCC was around 3.2k, so I am not going to worry about a few extra or less pounds.

I will leave you with this final thought.

"If i have any issues with alignment I would be happy to get it corrected, whether morryde reimburse or not, rather than go back to towing on the stock spring suspension".
    Didn't mean to hijack your thread in that regard. But once it was mentioned that vehicles may have been released with alignment issues after having this type of service done, shocks me given the logistics of this upgrade. I have only heard of the positive testimonials of this upgrade of which I am considering as well on my RV, but DO appreciate others noted experience which might not be as positive. I consider "any" information to be invaluable when preparing for such maintenance or service. The knowledge I (and hopefully others have) ascertained (prior to the upgrade) can only "help" ensure more successful (questions and) results while there and in the future.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the mention of possible alignment issues. We dont even have our 398 yet, but we have an appointment for August of next year to get the IS installed. Now that I know of possible alignment issues, it's something to verify before leaving the facility. We had the leaf springs on our 399 go flat, which I replaced and they started going flat again before we sold it. We were mostly stationary with our 399, but plan to be full time in about 1.5yrs so the IS is very appealing to us.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Not sure who in here is asking you to defend MorRyde. Rob has it for the second time, I have it and would do it again in a heartbeat. But like most things, it's not always just positives. Weight can be an issue if you want to stay under the sticker weight depending how much spare capacity you have. Its a legit question for someone who is considering it. It's a significant amount of weight.

Misalignment was/is a real issue, I haven't seen it on mine but I appreciate the heads up so I can keep an eye out.

Not one other person has said it made any difference to them or that they are happy with the IS, an "Emphatic No" to going back to springs is not an endorsement to have them installed. That's what this post was about, a personal experience on why you should have them installed.

Since then several others posted referencing the alignment issues. I am in agreement, with all work of this nature there can be defects, there can also be curbs that got pushed against that can cause alignment issues. What has caused every alignment issue is up for debate. Even buying tires for a dually, it is up to me to check all work is completed to my satisfaction. Those that fail to do their own safety checks, do at their own peril.

I'm happy with the system, I still recommend and implore those that have large 5th wheels to get it completed at your first opportunity. Do not spend a minute more pondering on the alignment, I would rather work on an alignment issue than; broke down in Saskatchewan Canada with a broken leaf spring, Friday night, right after the Queen died, having to drive two hours back to get a spring, replacing it at a rest stop in pouring rain, every again. The Leaf Spring suspension is too flimsy for a 20k trailer, in my opinion, and believe it should be standard, not optional on a three axle trailer.

I cannot comment on the weight of the system, how it spreads out the load or any other engineering question. I feel safer on the IS than I ever did on the leaf springs.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have nothing against the Morryde independent suspension, I certainly won't be going that route. One should be happy with their purchases, but to assure everyone that they desoarately need this replacement suspension system to be safe and happy may be a bit much.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    While I have nothing against the Morryde independent suspension, I certainly won't be going that route. One should be happy with their purchases, but to assure everyone that they desoarately need this replacement suspension system to be safe and happy may be a bit much.
    If my opinion on getting an upgrade to rhe suspension system is a bit much, you definitely would not like some of my other opinions. LOL.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the IS installed a few weeks ago. So far it is much better. But what has really sold me was the conditions of the SRE4000 bushings that I meticulously maintained (greased). Everyone of them was worn and in need of replacement. While this was after at least 14,000 miles I was still surprised. I'm glad to be rid of the old suspension and while I'd leave it up to other to make up their mind over whether to get an IS or not I will recommend you pay close attention and inspect bushings every 5000 miles for wear; I wish I had.

On the alignment "thing".... stuff wears, gets bumped, etc. - it's why the IS is made to be aligned easily.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the current owner of Rob’s first rv with the IS, one of the reasons I bought it was that it had it installed. It’s amazing to hit an expansion joint on the highway and feel both of the trucks axles hit but then not feel the trailer hit. One place we camped required driving down a 7 miles rutted dirt road, the only thing that was out of place when we got there was a towel that fell. I don’t think I would ever own an rv without it.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moterbiker View Post
    I am the current owner of Rob’s first rv with the IS, one of the reasons I bought it was that it had it installed. It’s amazing to hit an expansion joint on the highway and feel both of the trucks axles hit but then not feel the trailer hit. One place we camped required driving down a 7 miles rutted dirt road, the only thing that was out of place when we got there was a towel that fell. I don’t think I would ever own an rv without it.
    I love you, John, but you're the only person that I know, other than my brother-in-law, who would tow a fifth wheel down a 7-mile rutted dirt road.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was no big deal and we had 17 days camping in the middle of a forest that was awesome

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast