User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repack bearings on Dexter 8k Axles with Disc Brakes

Hello Friends,

Does anyone have a step-by-step instruction/tutorial on how to repack the wheel bearings on a 2022 Solitude 378MBS running the tandem factory installed Dexter 8k axles with disc brakes? I've looked all over YouTube and the InterWebs and can't find any resource material specific to my setup. Any assistance from those more mechanically inclined than myself would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Tod
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haznavy View Post
    Hello Friends,

Does anyone have a step-by-step instruction/tutorial on how to repack the wheel bearings on a 2022 Solitude 378MBS running the tandem factory installed Dexter 8k axles with disc brakes? I've looked all over YouTube and the InterWebs and can't find any resource material specific to my setup. Any assistance from those more mechanically inclined than myself would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Tod
    We were told by Performance Trailer and Brake that Dexter recommends replacing the nuts and bolts for the calipers when you pull them off. We had ours repacked at the National Rally, so no help on the actual process.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Camping Life View Post
    We were told by Performance Trailer and Brake that Dexter recommends replacing the nuts and bolts for the calipers when you pull them off. We had ours repacked at the National Rally, so no help on the actual process.
    PCL,

Thank you for the information. This project sounds more involved than I perhaps want to tackle.

Love Santa Fe, so much so, that we bought 20 acres on top of Rowe Mesa and had two RV sites put in.

Thanks again,

Tod
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS