User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question New member - New Owner - Furnace question

Hello all, just joined the Group after purchasing a beautifully maintained 2015 Reflection, our first 5th wheel. Picked up the rig on Saturday and stayed in a park over one night halfway to her new home. As I study the manuals, and the RV itself, I have a question. Is it possible that this model could not have a furnace? I see roof vents for the air-co and floor vents for a furnace - but I don't seen any venting outside the rig for a furnace, and no instructions for its operation. Is that possible? It never occurred to me to ask the former owner if there was a furnace! Thanks!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMinton View Post
    Hello all, just joined the Group after purchasing a beautifully maintained 2015 Reflection, our first 5th wheel. Picked up the rig on Saturday and stayed in a park over one night halfway to her new home. As I study the manuals, and the RV itself, I have a question. Is it possible that this model could not have a furnace? I see roof vents for the air-co and floor vents for a furnace - but I don't seen any venting outside the rig for a furnace, and no instructions for its operation. Is that possible? It never occurred to me to ask the former owner if there was a furnace! Thanks!
    No, it's not possible.

Not knowing what model you have, I can't begin to tell you where it is located, however, if you have your LP tanks open and use your thermostat settings for "heat", it should turn on.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Heating and Air Conditioning Systems.

As @huntr70 said, the unit has a furnace. On a Reflection fifth wheel, the chances are extremely high that you can see out exterior access panel for the furnace on the street (driver's) side just behind the basement door(s). The furnace unit itself will be in the basement underneath the bathroom area. One of the things that sets Grand Design apart is that they don't put furnace outlets in the floors where all manner of junk can fall down in them. If you have a kitchen island you'll find furnace vents in the base of that. Some are rectangular, some are round. Again, we could be more specific with you if we knew the model of Reflection fifth wheel you have. Originally, the trailer came with a satchel full of paperwork which included manuals for all of the appliances and equipment... did you not get that from the seller?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have no manuals, you can find them on the Grand Design website......

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2105 Reflection 303RLS. I did get a binder from the seller with several component information booklets; I did not see one for a furnace. I'll take a closer look.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2105 Reflection 303RLS. I did get a binder from the seller with several component information booklets; I did not see one for a furnace. I'll take a closer look.
    I'm sure you meant "2015" Reflection 303RLS. Nice unit, by the way. So, to be more specific, both the furnace and the water heater will be visible just behind the closet slide near the bathroom area on the street (driver's) side of the trailer. You can tell them apart because the water heater has a visible pressure relief valve and a drain plug on the outside once you remove the cover. The furnace, of course, does not. You can get the make and model of the furnace off the outside and go straight to the manufacturer's web site to download a manual if you can't find it on the Grand Design web site.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Second Chance (yes 2015 - sorry) and Huntr70. I know where and what to look for, and how to test now. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Second Chance (yes 2015 - sorry) and Huntr70. I know where and what to look for, and how to test now. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks again!
    Welcome to the forum, as you've already seen this is a great place to come for help with your coach.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Heating System and Extreme Temperatures

Good Morning!!
    I am brand new to the RV world and wouldn't you know it, the temperatures in my area are about to get crazy!!!! Like 9 degress in North East Texas by this Thursday. Needless to say, we Texans aren't used to this extreme temperature. We are living in it for the time being and want to make sure we take care of everything before the cold snap. It is a 2022 Grand Design 341 RDS. We did winterize the drinking water hose with heat tape and insulation. My real question is the operation of the furnace. The rv does have an artic package. We have purchased two small space heaters to help with the living quarters, but want to make sure the furnace runs enough to keep the tanks and undercarriage warm. I'm just a little confused about this aspect and would appreciate some clarification. So if anyone out there can help me out, I would really appreciate it!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKlaus View Post
    Good Morning!!
    I am brand new to the RV world and wouldn't you know it, the temperatures in my area are about to get crazy!!!! Like 9 degress in North East Texas by this Thursday. Needless to say, we Texans aren't used to this extreme temperature. We are living in it for the time being and want to make sure we take care of everything before the cold snap. It is a 2022 Grand Design 341 RDS. We did winterize the drinking water hose with heat tape and insulation. My real question is the operation of the furnace. The rv does have an artic package. We have purchased two small space heaters to help with the living quarters, but want to make sure the furnace runs enough to keep the tanks and undercarriage warm. I'm just a little confused about this aspect and would appreciate some clarification. So if anyone out there can help me out, I would really appreciate it!!
    Make sure to set the furnace at a temperature higher that the space heaters. In our 320MKS 5ver, the electric fireplace does a good job. Unfortunately, our thermostat is located in the hallway leading to the bedroom, which is up 3 steps. As well all know that hot air rises, so the main living area and kitchen are about 4° colder than the hallway and the bedroom.

We keep the furnace set at 68° or 70°, and the electric fireplace at 66° or 68° respectively. The furnace will come on about 6-8 times during the night, more if its colder. I also turn up the furnace to 72° - 74° when I get up on the morning to take my shower.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast