User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Anderson and are happy with it. Easy to hook up and quiet. Works fine backing up. We had a small issue when it was delivered but a 3 minute call to Anderson and they overnighted a replacement nut so their customer service was great (at least for me).
    https://andersenhitches.com/product/...ibution-hitch/

As someone above pointed out, most of us have experience with very few hitches so we really can't compare one with with another.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Husky Centerline. Works as advertised but it's noisy and heavy. If I had to start over, I'd get the Anderson. Easy to setup and very light. Lightest on the market.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Any WDH that does not include the add on friction bar will be able to be backed up without removal.
    You can backup with the Husky Centerline and a few other ones that uses friction bars.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    You can backup with the Husky Centerline and a few other ones that uses friction bars.
    I was talking about the add on type like this.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/traile...gaAoi7EALw_wcB

I have not heard of a WDH with built in friction bars that can't be backed up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleahoke View Post
    I have the Recurve R3. It is very easy to use.

Question for mkevinmarshsr: how tight to you clamp down the sway control? I don't know if i'm getting any benefit from mine, but then again, I don't know if I'm getting it tight enough. when I have it set, i can still move the collar a bit by hand, I'm thinking now that is too loose?
    The R6 is sway on/off, not and adjustment like the R3.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    The R6 is sway on/off, not and adjustment like the R3.
    Ahh. I didn't know. I'll have to look it up to see the difference.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can come up with the change ($), the ProPride works well. They pop up in excellent used condition on their FB page for near half new cost as folks move to 5th wheel campers.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, the Andersen "No Sway" might be a pretty good choice.

I made the mistake of trying it on my 2670MK, but that is twice the weight, and much longer than the 17MKE. The Andersen relies on tongue weight in the silicon cup under the ball to use friction to control movement. Sway is ONLY due to not having enough tongue weight. Should be in the range of 12-13% of your full trailer weight. A hair light, and you may get the start of sway a certain speeds, and the friction will help dampen that. Too light, and the friction doesn't help (for any brand that depends on friction) and the trailer can literally throw you off the road. Sway is nothing to tolerate. My trailer was very light (10-10.5%), so between the lack of tongue weight and the much longer tail to wag the dog, the Andersen couldn't cope. But with the 17MKE, and proper tongue weight, you will be well within its capabilities. Setting the weight distribution is very simple and easy. I had no issue restoring the full weight lost back to my trucks steer axle. And that, again, was with a much heavier trailer.
    It's less expensive, very light, and easy to operate. Backing is no issue at all.

BTW - others may call things like "truck suck" as a semi passes you, or wind pushes, as "sway". It's not. Those things, or rough roads, can initiate a sway event, but also are separate disturbances to driving. The Andersen friction can help with, but not cure, those too.

Me? I had to get the ProPride, and it will cure every issue. BUT at over 5 times the cost of the Andersen...is way overkill for this setup.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got a Fastway E2 with 800lb bars for our 22MLE and happy with it. Had to tweak the setup a little from how the dealer installed it. It was getting only about 25 percent weight distribution so we adjusted per the manual to get it more around 50 percent and it rides much better.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I have the Husky Centerline. Works as advertised but it's noisy and heavy. If I had to start over, I'd get the Anderson. Easy to setup and very light. Lightest on the market.
    We also had the Husky Centerline and though a very good hitch my surgically repaired back didn't like the heavy hitch head. After much research we chose the Anderson and are very happy with it. It does the job distributing the weight on our Imagine 2400BH towed by our Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and the sway is actually controlled better with the Anderson than with the previous Husky.

In short, we recommend the Anderson and think you'll like it with the 17MKE.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast