User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Momentum 381MS - Winter Cover Recommendation Please!

Hey All, I am newer to this forum and have a quick question. We bought a 2022 Momentum 381MS this year, we live in the Pacific NW (Spokane WA area), and we are hoping to get suggestions on which RV covers are large enough to fit properly. We have looked at several covers locally and online, but can not seem to find a cover that is big enough to ensure it will fit our 44' 3" length. Almost all covers advise fitment up to 43' 10", which appears to be just short of what we need. We are hoping other GD Momentum owners may have better insight on this situation.

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you everyone for your help in advance!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Shawn Tracy, would this one (https://smile.amazon.com/VINPATIO-Up.../dp/B09SB7G14S) work? BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you used a cover before?

I've had bad 1st hand experience with covers.

With my last camper I bought one of the generic covers. Not a cheap one either. It fit decently. Came with a lot of straps to tighten it to the camper. I did what I thought was a good job of installing it and getting it nice and tight. The cover still beat the hell out of the fiberglass on the camper. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a wheel, some compound, and lots of time but it was still a huge pain to deal with.

On our current Momentum I've left it uncovered(Michigan) and have had 0 issues.
    2021 Momentum 25G
    2021 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ncept View Post

With my last camper I bought one of the generic covers. Not a cheap one either. It fit decently. Came with a lot of straps to tighten it to the camper. I did what I thought was a good job of installing it and getting it nice and tight. The cover still beat the hell out of the fiberglass on the camper. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a wheel, some compound, and lots of time but it was still a huge pain to deal with.

What you experienced is what I was warned about when I first inquired. Plus the pain of putting the cover on. Some say that its a divorce maker. LOL I decided not to cover and never had an issue.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tracy View Post
    Hey All, I am newer to this forum and have a quick question. We bought a 2022 Momentum 381MS this year, we live in the Pacific NW (Spokane WA area), and we are hoping to get suggestions on which RV covers are large enough to fit properly. We have looked at several covers locally and online, but can not seem to find a cover that is big enough to ensure it will fit our 44' 3" length. Almost all covers advise fitment up to 43' 10", which appears to be just short of what we need. We are hoping other GD Momentum owners may have better insight on this situation.

Not a huge fan of covers. I've had them in the past and experienced tears at the corners with the gutters and at the awning ends. I also had alot of mildew on the roof as there wasn't a way for it to breathe. Another concern I have heard is that they can chafe the paint on windy days as they tend to billow unless really snugged down. I put a coat of wax on it at the end of the season and hit the roof with 303 Protectorant and I'm done with it. Have had no issues.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Tracy View Post

Tried a cover on one of mine and it ruined the rubber roof where the rubber overlaps down the sides. Never again. RV carport or leave it uncovered.....IMHO.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ncept View Post

I'm with you and the others... no cover for me. I've heard others say that they got mold inside because of the cover. That may be because they had it stored in FL?!?

6 years full-time in the Newmar Mountain Aire and .5 in the Momentum, both with full body paint. When we get back to FL, I'll store the Momentum and move back into the Newmar (it lives on our lot in FL.) No plans on putting a cover on the Momentum.... a good coat of wax and that will be that. The same goes for the Newmar when we leave FL in April.
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in New Hampshire, a cover for the winter has worked for us. It protects from the snow and ice as well as keeping all the stuff that falls from the trees off. Where we are out in the woods, there isn't much wind so the cover doesn't flap around. And the winters here are pretty dry so no mildew issues. So far, I'm able to put the cover on myself (so no divorce), it really helps to have the front and back clearly marked. I just hoist it up to the roof using some rope, roll it out, and then deploy the sides. Finish up with the straps, all told it takes about an hour. The cover we have has zippered sides so we can access the door easily. That comes in handy when refreshing the rodent repellant.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S