Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic frig and freezer doors

From one photo I'm needing to add a clip to freezer door, one broke off-any suggestions to locate such a thing ? Also, from frig pic. at the top it has broken or separated, it hardly shuts back on clip. I might need a replacement ? Please any help is appreciated. Michael
    3100RD-Imagine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed (2).jpg   unnamed (1).jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t view your pictures. I have the same trailer. Can you describe what broke more clearly? Our refrigerator wouldn’t unlatch, which stressed the handle, breaking the handle and the plastic trim around the door where the handle attached. GD replaced a lot of the door under warranty. But I keep an extra handle bought on Amazon “just in case.”

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doors

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Can’t view your pictures. I have the same trailer. Can you describe what broke more clearly? Our refrigerator wouldn’t unlatch, which stressed the handle, breaking the handle and the plastic trim around the door where the handle attached. GD replaced a lot of the door under warranty. But I keep an extra handle bought on Amazon “just in case.”
    ON the freezer door the top clip that the door latches on when you close it broke off. On the frig door just above the handle it seems to off separated not allowing to open the door normally. You may want to click on attachment/paper clip icon it should show pics.? Any help/advice is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed (2).jpg   unnamed (1).jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can’t see pics. In both cases, is the broken piece part of the handle assembly? That can be replaced. But if it’s the very small light gray projection that’s on the metal frame, that could be more difficult to fix. Our door handle broke because the refrigerator section door sags toward the latch side. Long story short, I had to add a spacer to maintain enough gap for the latch to open.
    2019 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    2022 Grand Design Imagine 3100RD
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3100rd

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Still can’t see pics. In both cases, is the broken piece part of the handle assembly? That can be replaced. But if it’s the very small light gray projection that’s on the metal frame, that could be more difficult to fix. Our door handle broke because the refrigerator section door sags toward the latch side. Long story short, I had to add a spacer to maintain enough gap for the latch to open.
    Rabbit, yes it's the small gray projection on freezer door. I'm searching now for an alternative. Your response to frig door is probably a replacement. Thanks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed (1).jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabbit,
    Been on Amazon looking at handles for Dometic. Please stir me in the right direction-do you still have 'any' information i.e. model # etc...so I don't buy wrong handle? Thanks, a fellow 3100RDD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelthebus View Post
    Rabbit,
    Been on Amazon looking at handles for Dometic. Please stir me in the right direction-do you still have 'any' information i.e. model # etc...so I don't buy wrong handle? Thanks, a fellow 3100RDD
    The simplest thing to do is to call Dometic Customer Service. The phone number is in your manual. They very likely would send you the piece needed. Their CS is usually top notch and easy to talk to
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 11-15-2022 at 09:07 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I didn’t get in from Amazon. Faulty memory.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225203088751

This shows the handle I bought. But it’s an older solid black style that doesn’t have the bright metal trim the newer version has. But I’d advise starting with GD customer service since you also have the missing gray “nubbin” missing. I have no idea if this tiny piece can be replaced.