User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Placard is irrelevant at this point, the tires are NOT OEM equivalent. 65 max. The guy at the dealership doesn't know what he is talking about and should be educated before he causes someone some real problems.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What people are saying (except the dealer) is correct. You cannot inflate a tire over its max pressure safely, full stop. You also cannot rely on the vehicle’s placard if the tire size/load rating isn’t the same. It says that right on the placard.

Any chance you can post a good picture of the whole sidewall of the tire? Did they change out the rims with the tires, or put the tires on stock rims? Rims have load and pressure ratings as well. The tires sound like load range D to me, but if they are p-metric, they actually are not good for their full rated load on a truck. Additionally, tires often have a de-rated number when used in pairs (like on a dually).

The people on here are more than capable of helping to break that down if we knew exactly what the tires are. You’re asking the right questions. It’s sad that dealers are so clueless and such a terrible source of info.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get a picture at the moment but the OEM were LT235/80R17EQ and the pressure on the placard is 80 psi. The current tires are 315/70R/17 and the pressure on the sidewall is 65 psi.

Tim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as I replaced the stock tires, I removed the sticker with the tire and loading info as neither were meaningful at that point. Also, there are E rated tires with a max psi of 65 that have a higher rating than certain E rated tires with a 80 psi max. It is size dependent. Nitto Ridge Grapplers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	43867
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12