User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retired Wife/Remote working Husband

Looking forward to living in our new 2023 Imagine 2970RL for the winter months.
    We are new to RV life, but spending our first winter near home in the Kerrville, Tx area.
    We bought a home in Angel Fire for the summers so we are on an adventure and look forward to lots of great hints, insights, and ideas.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should post this as I was wondering the same. DW is retired and I still have 7 years to work. Now that I mostly work remotely, we're thinking of going FT in 2 years. However DW is now worried about what she is going to do while I'm working. I'm curious what the FTers in our situation will come back with.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full time. I work full time and my wife is tried. She sews and quilts so she has her hobby. I work 4 10's Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. We sight see on Wednesdays and the weekends. If she gets a bug to do something, or go somewhere during my work hours, she grabs the keys and goes.

We sold our house in October 2021 so we are domiciled through Escapees in Livingston Texas. We are at Johnson Creek RV Resort in Ingram, TX, through the beginning of January.

(If any members are here, shoot me PM and we can try to meet up!)
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. This is stupid crazy. We literally have our trailer stored at the Johnson Creek RV Resort waiting on us to get there in a few weeks.
    When a buddy recommended a GD he said it had a wonderful and small community. I didn’t expect it to be THIS small. 😂
    We will touch base once we are there.
    Obviously I need to update my info with my rig. Day one has been a joy.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuihiTx View Post
    Looking forward to living in our new 2023 Imagine 2970RL for the winter months.
    We are new to RV life, but spending our first winter near home in the Kerrville, Tx area.
    We bought a home in Angel Fire for the summers so we are on an adventure and look forward to lots of great hints, insights, and ideas.
    Welcome to the forum, many full-timers here who may be able to share some insights.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Funny you should post this as I was wondering the same. DW is retired and I still have 7 years to work. Now that I mostly work remotely, we're thinking of going FT in 2 years. However DW is now worried about what she is going to do while I'm working. I'm curious what the FTers in our situation will come back with.

What does she do while you are working now? She probably can do the same thing while in the RV.

If you are concerned about disturbing one another, look into getting one big enough for a second bedroom or a toy hauler so you have space to put in a home office.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    What does she do while you are working now? She probably can do the same thing while in the RV.

If you are concerned about disturbing one another, look into getting one big enough for a second bedroom or a toy hauler so you have space to put in a home office.
    I don't mean to hijack the OPs thread. [emoji17]
    We've been talking about going FT since last spring and I think that all of a sudden she is getting cold feet. She paints, golf, hikes, walks, bikes ... But she does that during the week in groups. I think thats the part that she is just realizing. You do plan on going into a bigger setup for going FT.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to hijack the OPs thread. [emoji17]
    We've been talking about going FT since last spring and I think that all of a sudden she is getting cold feet. She paints, golf, hikes, walks, bikes ... But she does that during the week in groups. I think thats the part that she is just realizing. You do plan on going into a bigger setup for going FT.
    Your not hijacking it, there are many RV Resorts that have group activities. You just need to find a few, make connections, then see where they all head to.

For us, both of us are nomads and like the waking up somewhere new every few months.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're both retired, but that doesn't mean Laura doesn't still need community and connections other than me. We have found that the Escapees RV parks (SKP Resorts) - especially the co-op parks that you buy into - have very rich social lives and communities. The activities available vary depending on the location of the SKP co-op, but there is never a lack of something to do. You can check out each SKP co-op by going to the Escapees RV Club web site. We were on the lists for two of the co-op parks (Chimacum, WA, and Aquanga, CA) prior to the pandemic, but a dozen grandkids in the east and air travel experiences made us decide to take our names off the lists. They're wonderful parks, though. You can come and go as you please and use them for a home base when you want to stay put for a while.

Alternatively, Laura has found places to plug in where we tend to winter: Las Cruces, NM (where I grew up and still have two sisters) and Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD (near a majority of those grandkids). In Cruces, Laura has her favorite yoga studio and the Aquatic Center for water aerobics. She has made good friends with ladies both places. There are also plenty of great places to hike, walk or ride bikes... since we're old, we prefer the flat, paved path along the Rio Grande for biking or walking. New Mexico State University is large and located in Las Cruces, so you get the culture and activities that go along with that, too. There's more culture and great Southwestern food in New Mexico than you can consume in a lifetime.

At the proving ground in Maryland, they've discontinued the on-post yoga classes, but there's no better - or safer - place to walk or ride bikes (and it's absolutely gorgeous in the fall!). We call it our "gated community with club shopping." Laura goes to the Y down the road 2-3 times a week for water aerobics and has made friends there, too - though not as many as in Las Cruces. That is more than compensated for by the time we spend with kids and grandkids here (I say "here" because this is where we're spending this winter).

When we're in between these longer-term stays, we're in "on-the-road mode." We travel, visit places we want to see, and do the usual RV stuff. During the travel spurts, we don't expect the down time for hobbies or the kind of social connections we want when more stationary.

The bottom line is that the life that folks settle into as full-timers is different from couple to couple. If you have an open mind and investigate the different places you are, you'll find something/someone interesting and fun almost anywhere you land.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you 2, @MoonShadow_1911 and @Second Chance. I'm not to worried as we are both social people. She is a little though. RV resorts and Escapees is something I'll look into for sure. So far, we've just done smaller private cg and there wasn't much to do which was OK for us as we were out visiting most of the time. It's a big move but one that I'm looking forward to and I know she is to. I guess having all of our family, kids, grand kids and friends all in the same town makes it a little harder for her.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast