User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starlink data caps

This article addresses data caps for residential subscribers, but how much longer will it be before Musk decides to announce caps for mobile users? I think we can all agree that he is a genius, but he is also impulsive and unpredictable. Just look at the turmoil that Twitter users are experiencing since he bought it (FYI, I am not a Twitter user).

https://www.extremetech.com/internet...idential-users
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    This article addresses data caps for residential subscribers, but how much longer will it be before Musk decides to announce caps for mobile users? I think we can all agree that he is a genius, but he is also impulsive and unpredictable. Just look at the turmoil that Twitter users are experiencing since he bought it (FYI, I am not a Twitter user).

https://www.extremetech.com/internet...idential-users
    RV Starlink users are already what they call "deprioritized" if there is a lot of congestion on the system. If you are camping in a very populated area, your service will be slower if deprioritized.

I suggest most campers want to get out of the city, so it should be less of an issue. The way around that is to purchase residential service and pay the extra fee to go mobile from time to time.

The other advantage of the RV plan is if you aren't a true full-timer, there is no fee to turn the service off for the months you do not use it. You could do the same as a Full timer if you were in a location for a calendar month where a hotspot or Wi-Fi was fine.

Regards,
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN