Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Motor. Not Moro.
    After watching numerous videos on motor replacement the best way is from the inside, where LCI provides a cut-out in the H-columns to facilitate removal and replacement of the motors. Evidently not all Schwintek slide systems H-columns have this cut-out though, but I verified mine does so inside motor replacement is best IMHO. Facia trim removal might not be necessary; however, I won't know until the motor(s) fail and I can't change it without removing the facia interference. As I said, I'm just planning for the future failure because I like to be prepared having owned numerous RV's and because things always fail at inopportune times. I definitely am not in the camp that believes because something hasn't failed that it won't fail. Even under the best preventive maintenance programs in industry and the military components fail. Thanks for a reply on the subject topic matter though.
    Andy & Jean Harmon & Dakota (our traveling Aussie buddy)
    Beverly Hills FL
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    My issue back in 2019 was motor was getting weaker and I needed to help push in the last 8 inches. When mobile tech came out we replaced original motor with a higher torque motor, apparently they have different gears.
    Since then no issues, but I always open and close when on power or generator, and never open partially, and always hold the button down for 5 seconds after unit has stopped..
    Same here. I think there might be something with small wiring or marginal motors on certain setups...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some folks choose to replace schwintek with a newer system from VROOM. My "fridge" slide started acting strange a few weeks ago. Trailer is < 1 year old. Rear part of slide would start comming in then stop. The forward part of slide would try and continue but with the slide now on an angle (front to back of trailer) it would jam. We can get it to fully open if I push real hard on the edging. We can get the slide to close if I pull on that same edging. GD inspected and says there is a TSB just for this and they are replacing the entire schwintek system on this slide. As a test, I tried to see what spare parts are available from VROOM and there was zero. So if I had the vroom system, it might be very difficult to get replacement parts, but if its a better system perhaps no spares would be needed very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AHarmon View Post
    Right now, the slides are working perfectly in our Imagine 2670MK, but I am planning for the inevitable Schwintek motor failure and replacement or other problems. I am going to carry two spare motors, a slide-out controller and a wiring harness at a minimum. The H-columns are slotted for motor replacement, so it's a matter of accessibility to the motor area. The kitchen slide will be no problem, but the living room slide is very tight on both ends with an overhead cabinet on the left and the bathroom wall interfering on the right. I can probably work with the cabinet interference, but the right end and the bathroom wall interference will be a problem. Before I get into a situation and have to do this job in the future, I need to know how to remove the facia trim from the slide box without destroying it to open up some workspace. There are no visible fasteners on the front side, and I could find none feeling around the back side either. I'm hoping some of you have traveled this path before and I appreciate the advice and any other tips on motor replacement.
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    Some folks choose to replace schwintek with a newer system from VROOM. My "fridge" slide started acting strange a few weeks ago. Trailer is < 1 year old. Rear part of slide would start comming in then stop. The forward part of slide would try and continue but with the slide now on an angle (front to back of trailer) it would jam. We can get it to fully open if I push real hard on the edging. We can get the slide to close if I pull on that same edging. GD inspected and says there is a TSB just for this and they are replacing the entire schwintek system on this slide. As a test, I tried to see what spare parts are available from VROOM and there was zero. So if I had the vroom system, it might be very difficult to get replacement parts, but if its a better system perhaps no spares would be needed very soon.
    Very interesting, ours did that recently also. Any details on the TSB?
    My work around was to tilt the trailer to make it easier for the slide motors...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Grandesigner

No details on TSB; I am not convinced there is a TSB. Either way, I am happy with how GD stepped up. I noticed in your sig you have 4k watts of solar. Did you design that system ?
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, only 400W, not 4kW...
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    My issue back in 2019 was motor was getting weaker and I needed to help push in the last 8 inches. When mobile tech came out we replaced original motor with a higher torque motor, apparently they have different gears.
    Since then no issues, but I always open and close when on power or generator, and never open partially, and always hold the button down for 5 seconds after unit has stopped..
    Is this a standard "higher torque motor?" When I bring in my slides, it sounds like the motor is really working hard, and always grateful that in comes in all the way. I'm interested in the 8 gauge wiring, that might be an issue.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the slides struggling to open and close. Removed molding below push outs when open. Lubricated the rollers that the floor rolls on. Used spray to get inside the rollers that rotate on bolts. Big difference now!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lubed the rollers earlier this year, it helped for a while...
    Dan and Rita

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did u ever find out how to get the facia trim removed ? Nobody seemed to answer ur question ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast