User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planning for a Schwintek slide motor replacement on 2670MK

Right now, the slides are working perfectly in our Imagine 2670MK, but I am planning for the inevitable Schwintek motor failure and replacement or other problems. I am going to carry two spare motors, a slide-out controller and a wiring harness at a minimum. The H-columns are slotted for motor replacement, so it's a matter of accessibility to the motor area. The kitchen slide will be no problem, but the living room slide is very tight on both ends with an overhead cabinet on the left and the bathroom wall interfering on the right. I can probably work with the cabinet interference, but the right end and the bathroom wall interference will be a problem. Before I get into a situation and have to do this job in the future, I need to know how to remove the facia trim from the slide box without destroying it to open up some workspace. There are no visible fasteners on the front side, and I could find none feeling around the back side either. I'm hoping some of you have traveled this path before and I appreciate the advice and any other tips on motor replacement.
    Andy & Jean Harmon & Dakota (our traveling Aussie buddy)
    Beverly Hills FL
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have made it this far without issue I am sure you will be fine. My Schwintek works flawlessly
    I think many that have issues are from operator error
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My motors seem to be weakening. In order to get the slide in, I have to tilt the trailer to be higher on the slide side to make it in. A workaround for now. Not sure how much room there is for operator error, pretty simple...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    My motors seem to be weakening. In order to get the slide in, I have to tilt the trailer to be higher on the slide side to make it in. A workaround for now. Not sure how much room there is for operator error, pretty simple...
    There is plenty of room for operator error. Not syncing regularly or only opening part way or out of level or racked frame
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Have you tried lubing it as per Lippert old instructions? https://youtu.be/DCelw4U3BDw I say old because after we bought our tt Lipoert was stating not to lube anymore. Do we didn't and we always made sure that the tt was level and that we fully open or close the slide with an extra 5 min. We never partially opened or close. Anyway, it always worked OK but I could always sense that it was struggling a bit. Tried it only once on just battery and that was scary. It really struggled to get it open. After that I always made sure that it was either plugged in a running TV or shore power. Anyway, on our last trip, the back side would come in for 2 in and stop. I looked and tried everything from pushing it while dw was pressing on the button to flipping the harness. We had to leave that cp for our next destination so while dw was looking up a local mobile tech I decided to spray some of that lube that was recommended by lippert (I had originally bought I but never used it but was carrying it around for other purposes). BTW, the tracks were also all clean and free of debris. Wow it worked and not only did it work, it ran real smooth and easily. Even on just battery which I later tested once I got home. Give that lube a try. It worked for me.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As part of solar/battery/inverter installation, I ran 4awg wire to DC distribution panel. It has made a noticeable difference in sound, smoothness, and speed of slide operation.

I believe the 8awg that GD uses suffers too much voltage drop that stresses the motors. The total circuit length from battery to slide motors and back has to be near 50'.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting how they Now showing the manual not to lubricate the system. I remember watching some videos years ago where they weren’t people not to lubricate the track which makes sense but you still lubricated the Gibb and the Coupler.

I noticed the new instructions seem to show a guide wheel with a v-groove in the bottom of the track. Pretty sure I haven’t seen any of these anywhere yet, all seem to be the older style gib and coupler.

So maybe that is part of the confusion, no Guide wheel or V groove, lube the Gib and the Coupler. My 25G is in storage now so I won’t be able to see which mine is for a while.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My issue back in 2019 was motor was getting weaker and I needed to help push in the last 8 inches. When mobile tech came out we replaced original motor with a higher torque motor, apparently they have different gears.
    Since then no issues, but I always open and close when on power or generator, and never open partially, and always hold the button down for 5 seconds after unit has stopped..
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty sure that on my rig the Moro access is from the outside. No need to remove cabinet parts on the inside.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motor. Not Moro.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast