Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any Surf Fisherman (or Ladies) Here? Need Fishing Rig Advice

On numerous vacations I have run across folks surf fishing with long rods and spinning reals. Just like trucks they all have thier opinion on the best set up. However the all say get a good salt water reel and a surf spinning fishing pole of 12'. As for the pole they all said check the break down so it will fit where I store it, so nothing over 7' section length. I can fit 8' in a pinch.

Now I am assuming it's the same on the west coast, east cost, Alaska, and gulf. Just different bait and stuff. What I have now I just can't get it out far enough to get the bigger fish and charters are very expensive. I don't need the best, just something durable and good.

So far my research has me looking at this spinning reel https://www.fishermansworld.net/slaiv5500dx.html Several of the folks I came across seem to like the brand. As for poles I believe this one will work, but I can't find information on the break down length, but per pictures and reviews it is close to 50/50 or 60/40 at most. https://www.pennfishing.com/battalio...ariant=1522203 In the 12' length a 70/30 split will not work.

With Black Friday coming up, hoping to have some choices for the sales.

Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suprised there are no surf fisherman, we see them often near the Gulf beaches.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised also. I'd love to try one day.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I surf fish but am a rookie at it.
    Regarding gear, everyone has their own opinion but I love Abu Garcia reels.
    I have a 12 ft pole that breaks down into 2 sections and and 10 foot pole that breaks down as well.

If you fish on the gulf, you'll want waders to get as deep as you can, then cast, walk the line back. The water is not as warm in the gulf near TX as it is on the Atlantic side.
    Pay close attention to your poles. A shark got part of this Pompano!

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity