User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice needed re: freezer lining

This weekend when we camped in our 337RLS, we noticed that the lining of the Atwood freezer compartment has a sizeable rip in it and is kind of hanging down in that corner. There wasn't anything in the freezer when we noticed this, so I'm pretty sure it didn't sustain damage that caused it to rip. The freezer worked all weekend with no issues, as did the refrigerator compartment. Our initial response is to just use some sort of adhesive to stick it back up and seal the liner back together. Have any of you experienced this? How did you remedy it and do you have suggestions on what type of adhesive to use, or what other course of action we should take?
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think on this question, I'd give Atwood a call and see what they recommend. Their customer service folks were pretty helpful when I called them last year. Their number is 800-546-8759. Who knows, they might even cover it under warranty. The factory warranty on these units is two years.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim for the phone number and warranty info. We don't have access to our paperwork from home, and I kind of thought it's a 2 year warranty. I'll have the mister give them a call and see what they say. Seems like such a small issue and easy fix. Remarkably, and I hate to jinx our luck, but remarkably we've had no issues with how our Atwood fridge has functioned.
    2015 Reflection 337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice, Jim. The husband called Atwood and they told him they will replace the refrigerator under warranty. And we didn't have to drag our 337 all the way back to the dealer 2 hrs away. Local Atwood dealer about 12 miles from home, they took a look at it, ordered the fridge, and after our long Colorado trip next month we'll be having a new fridge installed. Now the husband plans to do a temporary fix with whatever adhesive he decides to use until we get back from Colorado. Glad the issue didn't affect the function of the fridge, and hope it continues to function until the new one comes. This weekend we are headed out in oppressive Kansas 100 degree heat to camp because our one yearGrand Design warranty on the unit itself will be up in two weeks so we want to make absolute certain there are no issues with anything structurally before that time. Side note: we never have gotten the bedroom AC. As long as we are only camping in shady sites we've been fine. It does take awhile to cool it down when we set up in the extreme heat of the day, but keeping the bathroom & bedroom vents and doors shut until bedtime has been successful so far.
    2015 Reflection 337

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is terrific news. The Atwood people are very cooperative when it comes to warranty work. It's just too bad they need to do so much of it!

Jim