Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

travelling west through New Orleans on i-610

Anybody taken i-10 and i-610 west through New Orleans to New Orleans koa and any issues with 5th wheel on this route?
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 Ram 2500 Laramie with Cummins 6.7

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm from New Orleans, I-10 is fine but traffic an be brutal at times especially if something happens to snarl the traffic, Should be fine till you get to the Twin Spans south of Slidell that where problems can sometimes start.

You got one pretty steep bridge over the Industrial Canal right after mile marker 240.

I610 can be bad at times during to commute hours. Worst part for me is the traffic tends to be fast and towing they are always trying to get ahead of you

We just left last week to head to Memphis and Gatlinburg and live on the westbank of the city so we used I310 to I10 then on to I55 all the way up a lot better.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana H View Post
    I'm from New Orleans, I-10 is fine but traffic an be brutal at times especially if something happens to snarl the traffic, Should be fine till you get to the Twin Spans south of Slidell that where problems can sometimes start.

You got one pretty steep bridge over the Industrial Canal right after mile marker 240.

I610 can be bad at times during to commute hours. Worst part for me is the traffic tends to be fast and towing they are always trying to get ahead of you

We just left last week to head to Memphis and Gatlinburg and live on the westbank of the city so we used I310 to I10 then on to I55 all the way up a lot better.
    Thanks for this. I was a little confused as RVTW was not allowing me to go west on i-610 due to low height bridge which I am finding hard to believe. It sounds like other than traffic that i-10 and i-610 are good for 13' 6" fifth wheel.
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 Ram 2500 Laramie with Cummins 6.7

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a new fly over just as you enter 610 that was constructed in recent years and according to what I could find (https://member.coach-net.com/members...bridgeinfo.pdf) it is lower.

Your best bet is to continue on I-10 thru the city heading west. like I said commute time goin west are heavy starting around 3PM.
    Morning comute from the east is heavy in the morning from Slidell.

Hopefully this helps. I'm not a 5'er so typically I don't have a problem.

State HWY # Location Height Inches Posted Height

LA US 90 New Orleans - 0.2 miles South of I-610 13 4
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4