User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well here is an update. now all 12v stuff is working with disconnect key in place. I am baffled.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

battery disconnect switch out but most things getting power

You said the battery was replaced by techs. I would trace the wiring from the batter to that disconnect switch. Something is wonky with the wiring. A discharged battery will not affect that, but someone mucking with cables could.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guessing my inverter is dead. disconnected battery charger yesterday and had key in through the night.
    while having coffee this morning, all 12v stuff died.
    put charger back on and after 15 minutes, without key in place, battery level came up and 12v came back.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without charging your battery and running 12v items, it is expected for the battery to die. When you say unplugged charger, you do mean the converter?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like everyone says, follow the wiring back from the battery.

One item to check though is do you have a 12v inverter onboard with factory solar? If so there usually is a second battery disconnect switch that only disconnects the inverter. Sometimes they actually even label it lol.

My trailer had two, one in the storage for inverter and one in the wet bay for “battery”.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    guessing my inverter is dead. disconnected battery charger yesterday and had key in through the night.
    while having coffee this morning, all 12v stuff died.
    put charger back on and after 15 minutes, without key in place, battery level came up and 12v came back.
    There are several confusing aspects to what you're saying here. I think you may have the inverter (converts 12VDC from the batteries for 120VAC for outlets and appliances) confused with the converter-charger (provides 12VDC to charge the battery, run house lights, etc.). Also, the converter-charger will not charge the battery with the battery cut-off switch off (removed).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at the point yesterday that all systems came on line including the refrigerator, I plugged the battery disconnect switch back in and things worked normally. prior to that nothing on the 12v side worked as long as the battery switch disconnect was in place. that is simply a matter of fact.
    so at some point yesterday, I unplugged my 12v car charger from my the rv battery and everything worked until about 9 am today.
    unplugged the battery disconnect switch, connected the 12v charger and after about 15 minutes or so my panel and most 12v stuff started working. Refrigerator is still off. guessing in another hour or two it will come back.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    at the point yesterday that all systems came on line including the refrigerator, I plugged the battery disconnect switch back in and things worked normally. prior to that nothing on the 12v side worked as long as the battery switch disconnect was in place. that is simply a matter of fact.
    so at some point yesterday, I unplugged my 12v car charger from my the rv battery and everything worked until about 9 am today.
    unplugged the battery disconnect switch, connected the 12v charger and after about 15 minutes or so my panel and most 12v stuff started working. Refrigerator is still off. guessing in another hour or two it will come back.
    This sounds like you may have blown the fuses in the converter when the battery was being changed. As said earlier, make sure the battery is installed correctly. Check the voltage at the battery and see what it is with the shore power disconnected, a full battery will be around 13.2VDC. Reconnect the shore power and see what the battery voltage is, if the converter is working the voltage will be a normally be a bit higher.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    battery just has red and black connectors (my tst booster is directly connected) and red to + and black to -.
    Once the refrigerator comes back on line will check battery voltage. but previously during this issue it was about 12.7 or so when hooked up without my battery charger.
    still baffled as to why there is a delay between other 12v and my stabilizers and the refrigerator.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    battery was showing 12.99 volts with charger indicating 50 percent. switched to 20 amp charge and after 30 minutes at same percent but showing 13.06 volts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast