Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: solar upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solar upgrade.

I have a G 25 came with 300 watt system. Looks like to me if I upgrade the charge controller and keep the extra two panels same size and volts. It should be a easy upgrade. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onward RV View Post
    I have a G 25 came with 300 watt system. Looks like to me if I upgrade the charge controller and keep the extra two panels same size and volts. It should be a easy upgrade. Thoughts?
    First off, it looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. Could you give us a bit more information? Pictures are good too. If I understand correctly, your coach came with two 150-watt panels (or is it one 300-watt panel)? You'd like to change out the stock solar controller, what are you planning to use instead? If that's all there is to it (swapping charge controllers while keeping everything else the same), then, yes, it should be an easy upgrade as long as the new controller is compatible.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S