User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterization / water heater bypass not working

I have a 2022 Solitude 310gk with the Nautilus system. This is the first Iíve winterized it and when I went to pump antifreeze through the lines they came through the hot water heater despite the red handle being in the correct position. Is this a valve issue with the red handle? I tested to see if the handle was maybe installed correctly by putting it both vertically (non bypass) and horizontal (bypass) and antifreeze went into the water heater in each position. Thinking this is a broken valve. Any quick fixes to try before replacing the valve?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofieshome21 View Post
    I have a 2022 Solitude 310gk with the Nautilus system. This is the first I’ve winterized it and when I went to pump antifreeze through the lines they came through the hot water heater despite the red handle being in the correct position. Is this a valve issue with the red handle? I tested to see if the handle was maybe installed correctly by putting it both vertically (non bypass) and horizontal (bypass) and antifreeze went into the water heater in each position. Thinking this is a broken valve. Any quick fixes to try before replacing the valve?
    So sorry this happened to you, especially trying during your first winterization. It does sound like a broken valve if fluid is going through in both positions.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofieshome21 View Post
    I have a 2022 Solitude 310gk with the Nautilus system. This is the first Iíve winterized it and when I went to pump antifreeze through the lines they came through the hot water heater despite the red handle being in the correct position. Is this a valve issue with the red handle? I tested to see if the handle was maybe installed correctly by putting it both vertically (non bypass) and horizontal (bypass) and antifreeze went into the water heater in each position. Thinking this is a broken valve. Any quick fixes to try before replacing the valve?
    I have a 2022 Solitude 3540 GK and I just winterized my coach and had the same issue. I have not done any investigation yet, due to weather, I had to get it in storage.
    I will attempt to research it over the winter then tackle it come spring. I am hoping that a person can just replace the valve / manifold, if that is the issue.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once upon a time I remember reading a post where the colors were incorrect on the valves. I think the black and red were swapped. Think colorblindness. Anyway. Something to check.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax