User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterization / water heater bypass not working

I have a 2022 Solitude 310gk with the Nautilus system. This is the first I’ve winterized it and when I went to pump antifreeze through the lines they came through the hot water heater despite the red handle being in the correct position. Is this a valve issue with the red handle? I tested to see if the handle was maybe installed correctly by putting it both vertically (non bypass) and horizontal (bypass) and antifreeze went into the water heater in each position. Thinking this is a broken valve. Any quick fixes to try before replacing the valve?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofieshome21 View Post
    I have a 2022 Solitude 310gk with the Nautilus system. This is the first I’ve winterized it and when I went to pump antifreeze through the lines they came through the hot water heater despite the red handle being in the correct position. Is this a valve issue with the red handle? I tested to see if the handle was maybe installed correctly by putting it both vertically (non bypass) and horizontal (bypass) and antifreeze went into the water heater in each position. Thinking this is a broken valve. Any quick fixes to try before replacing the valve?
    So sorry this happened to you, especially trying during your first winterization. It does sound like a broken valve if fluid is going through in both positions.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 Solitude 3540 GK and I just winterized my coach and had the same issue. I have not done any investigation yet, due to weather, I had to get it in storage.
    I will attempt to research it over the winter then tackle it come spring. I am hoping that a person can just replace the valve / manifold, if that is the issue.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once upon a time I remember reading a post where the colors were incorrect on the valves. I think the black and red were swapped. Think colorblindness. Anyway. Something to check.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read your post and wondering how you fixed your valve problems.I had the same thing happened this past winter with my 2018 reflection. Is they're a quick fix?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just revisited my thread and here is an update. It still doesn’t work. I took it to the dealer in Dec 2022 and they said the valve works and that they were able winterize it without issues. Just went to winterize again today and the same thing, antifreeze coming through the hot water heater despite the valves being in the right position. Tried multiple ways and angles and switching and all the same result. The difference this year is that less antifreeze was coming out than last year (it was just pouring out last year), but something’s not right. I actually just bought a bypass kit to install on the water heater and I will crawl in rather than dealing with a dealer and paying over $100 to winterize it and just tell me all is well.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just revisited my thread and here is an update. It still doesn’t work. I took it to the dealer in Dec 2022 and they said the valve works and that they were able winterize it without issues. Just went to winterize again today and the same thing, antifreeze coming through the hot water heater despite the valves being in the right position. Tried multiple ways and angles and switching and all the same result. The difference this year is that less antifreeze was coming out than last year (it was just pouring out last year), but something’s not right. I actually just bought a bypass kit to install on the water heater and I will crawl in rather than dealing with a dealer and paying over $100 to winterize it and just tell me all is well.
    When you say it is coming through the hot water heater, how so? Is your water heater tankless? In ours, I pull the anode rod and drain the tank so that when I winterize, I'll see if anything pink comes out of the drain and nothing does. But I still can fill all the hot water lines with pink stuff with the red handle in bypass mode.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    When you say it is coming through the hot water heater, how so? Is your water heater tankless? In ours, I pull the anode rod and drain the tank so that when I winterize, I'll see if anything pink comes out of the drain and nothing does. But I still can fill all the hot water lines with pink stuff with the red handle in bypass mode.
    Yes. Agree. That’s what the bypass does. Just diverts the cold water from going into the heater, but the lines will still flow cold water, just not through the heater.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antifreeze running through hot water tank.

This just happened to me this year and I thought it was the bipass valve on the panel. But it is the check valve on the hot water tank. It was located on the red line at the top of the tank. I replaced it with a 1/2 brass check valve. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneda View Post
    This just happened to me this year and I thought it was the bipass valve on the panel. But it is the check valve on the hot water tank. It was located on the red line at the top of the tank. I replaced it with a 1/2 brass check valve. Problem solved.
    That is exactly what I was going to post....you beat me to it Deneda. That check valve on the back side of the water heater, if it's malfunctioning, will allow the anti-freeze to enter the tank of the water heater. It will also show up as you never having hot water because it's being diluted with cold water infiltrating through the check valve. I replaced mine a few years back, even though there was nothing wrong with it, other than it was a plastic part and we were getting ready to leave on a 5000+ mile trip. I was not interested in crawling in there while we were on a trip, so it got changed, like you did, to a brass one.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast