User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I'm not sure you're completely understanding what Rob and others are saying. If your plan is to NOT fill your fresh water tank just for that one night then turn the water heater OFF... you can't run the water heater on propane or electric if you don't have a makeup water supply feeding it. Just fill the fresh water tank, drain your hose, and run the propane furnace for the night... you'll have full use of your RVs facilities via the water pump. If you do decide to not fill & use your fresh water tank and plan on running the furnace there is no need to drain anything... just make sure that you don't turn on the water heater.
    Yea, I thought of that about the water heater, thanks for the reminder. I just wasn't sure about the lines being protected, so guess I'll be good even if I don't fill the fresh tank, no need to drain lines. Got it.
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei828 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I’m going to Kentucky next week and I noticed the temperature may go under freeze point during night time. My rig has winter package heated underbelly so I was wonder if I should use water from fresh water tank instead of water hook up to avoid water hose get frozen? I mean fill up the tank during morning time and drain the water from hose.
    Thank you
    Every one here have the right suggestions for you. I will only add one thing. If you are hooked up to power as I have done in the past with a below freezing temp night I have a 60 watt bulb that I run all night long in the storage compartment next to the water bay on the 2600RB. I had also insulated using blue foam....the ceiling between the aluminum "joists". The 60 watt bulb throws out a surprising amount of heat and kept that area of the storage compartment warm. There is a plug on both sides so I could have put another there as well.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    Every one here have the right suggestions for you. I will only add one thing. If you are hooked up to power as I have done in the past with a below freezing temp night I have a 60 watt bulb that I run all night long in the storage compartment next to the water bay on the 2600RB. I had also insulated using blue foam....the ceiling between the aluminum "joists". The 60 watt bulb throws out a surprising amount of heat and kept that area of the storage compartment warm. There is a plug on both sides so I could have put another there as well.
    I was wondering if this would be safe? Also had thought about using a 250 watt lamp like they use for baby chicks, etc. Isn't this area heated by the furnace? Anyone else have a comment on this? Thanks.
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what min. temp do I need to keep my trailer to keep the pipes protected in the underbelly? We are now expecting a 40 hr. stretch below 32 but looks like the sun will be hitting my RV so I would think that would help? Sorry for the 'dumb' questions but this is the 1st time I've had to deal with this.
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you have enough propane and a way to keep the batteries charged
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Make sure you have enough propane and a way to keep the batteries charged
    I have 2 30# and 2 20# so should be OK, if I get low there's a store in town that does the 20# tank exchange so should be good to go (as long as the store has some in stock that is)!
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    I have 2 30# and 2 20# so should be OK, if I get low there's a store in town that does the 20# tank exchange so should be good to go (as long as the store has some in stock that is)!
    I was on a 2 week hunt when it never got above freezing, got down to zero a few times. This was a remote boodocking situation, so I was prepared with many tanks of propane and plenty of gas for the quads and generator, which ran 24/7 for two weeks straight. The only issue we had was hard water. Most of our extra water supply froze as we did not have enough room in that TT to bring it inside. Ruined a bunch of water jugs
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    We just spent 2 nights in Colorado's San Luis Valley where the night temps got to 16deg F. Fortunately, we had 50A power so we ran the fireplace and 2 small space heaters for the main room and bedroom. I set the main room temp to 60deg so the LP furnace came on when the space heaters couldn't keep up. That started happening around 3am. (I have the tank heaters on, of course)

Evidentially the 60deg threshold wasn't high enough to keep the Nautilus area warm. Both mornings the pump struggled to get pressure to the spigots. I set the main room temp to 69deg this morning and after about 15 min of gas furnace activity, everything started flowing fine.

This is a great idea so thanks for mentioning it. I have an Accur-Rite temp monitor for the fridge & freezer and it seems a temp sensor for the water/storage area is another needed item. Rather than another app/box/device/bluetooth/whatever, I'm thinking of getting the Lippert refrigerator sensor (which supposedly would work w/my OneControl) and putting it in the Nautilus area.

https://store.lci1.com/lippert-one-t...sor-2021130659

Has anyone done this?
    I have the Lippert sensors in my frig, freezer, basement, and extra frig in the garage. They work great when in the RV. Integrated nicely into the one control app. I am not a huge fan of the app, but it works, and is good enough .
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    I have the Lippert sensors in my frig, freezer, basement, and extra frig in the garage. They work great when in the RV. Integrated nicely into the one control app. I am not a huge fan of the app, but it works, and is good enough .
    What are teh Lippert sensors/system?
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    What are teh Lippert sensors/system?

https://store.lci1.com/lippert-one-t...sor-2021130659
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox