User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sirius Radio install

Has anybody installed a Sirius radio in their camper. We have a Wingard 360+ antenna that is supposed to get UHF/VHF/FM. Can I connect a Sirius radio to the AUX/SAT port in the camper? Obviously I'm not tech savy.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Aux/Sat coax connector near your TV terminates in the utility bay which is, in turn, designed to be connected to either an external satellite TV antenna or the park's cable TV system. That circuit has nothing to do with the Winegard antenna on the roof. Installation of Sirius satellite radio would require installation of an antenna designed for that application and wavelengths with an antenna lead going to the Sirius radio inside.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sirius is a satellite based radio service. Search Amazon for lots of different antennas choices.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option, if you have Sirius service you can use the Sirius app which has the same and more content than the radio. You use your phone, tablet or computer to play the music and hook it to your camper radio or a Bluetooth speaker.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Another option, if you have Sirius service you can use the Sirius app which has the same and more content than the radio. You use your phone, tablet or computer to play the music and hook it to your camper radio or a Bluetooth speaker.
    That's what I do. Bluetooth the iPhone to the sound system in trailer and it works great. I do believe there are certain Sirius packages that allow streaming, and some don't. I may be wrong.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stream Sirius on my phone and pipe it into the camper radio either by audio cable or Bluetooth. If I don't have cell service or wifi I use a Sirius radio and fish the antenna cable out one of the slides.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXP...lus.html?tp=85

If you're somewhere without cell service and have a clear view to the south this should work without having to put the antenna outside the camper. You might have to pull the radio to use an aux input for the RCA connectors but that's about the extent of it.

I'll echo the others saying if you have cell coverage, just stream it over your phone and connect to whatever via bluetooth.
    Last edited by pilotpip; 11-26-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much did the sirius radio cost for you to install?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhoang View Post
    How much did the Sirius radio cost for you to install?
    Also never pay them what they want for a monthly subscription. They will give you a special for one year, I have had special pricing for the past five years if you cancel or let it expire at the end of the term.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    Also never pay them what they want for a monthly subscription. They will give you a special for one year, I have had special pricing for the past five years if you cancel or let it expire at the end of the term.
    Agree! I do this every year for our vehicles. I guess I do it so much they caught on. They called me shortly after my trial started on my Silverado and said if I was interested they would just give me the same special on the truck that i have on my other vehicles.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast