Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drawer finish wear

I have a 2019 303 RLS. I'm starting to get significant wear on the finish of drawer edges. This is wood, not contact paper. The color is rich tobacco? Wondering if anyone has touched up wear spots like this and what products they used.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    I have a 2019 303 RLS. I'm starting to get significant wear on the finish of drawer edges. This is wood, not contact paper. The color is rich tobacco? Wondering if anyone has touched up wear spots like this and what products they used.
    My wife has touched ours up often using Mohawk markers. She got them originally from GD support at the national rally. They work fine for small areas if you can get colors reasonably close. Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017NXB5L4...1-df67fc737124
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried a wide variety of stains on the very white wood revealed. Nothing soaked in! I double checked that it really is wood, but only furniture markers did anything.

My conclusion is that the finish is a colored varnish of some type. I hope to make up a repair batch soon as the size and number of scratches are growing.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    I tried a wide variety of stains on the very white wood revealed. Nothing soaked in! I double checked that it really is wood, but only furniture markers did anything.

My conclusion is that the finish is a colored varnish of some type. I hope to make up a repair batch soon as the size and number of scratches are growing.
    So, stain didn't soak in. That's not encouraging to hear. Yes, mine has many wear spots that appear white-ish. I don't know anything about furniture markers. I'll have to look into that. Be sure and post something if you find the ultimate fix.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two types of furniture markers. One is a waxy crayon like thing, the other is what was mentioned above, is more like a permanent marker.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide