User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well dealer opened frt up today broke at weld called lippert way past warranty we will see what happens,Insurance adjuster has to go look at it called grand esign at the beginning they dont care.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well grand design and lippert wont own it or repair it looks like it will be totaled .They dont care about the customer just the money pretty damn expensive paperweight. They lost me as a customer and i will tell every rv'er i meet.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robertn View Post
    Well grand design and lippert wont own it or repair it looks like it will be totaled .They dont care about the customer just the money pretty damn expensive paperweight. They lost me as a customer and i will tell every rv'er i meet.
    It is 8 years old
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    It is 8 years old
    Well when i was a kid my parents owned a 1969 Fan travel trailer it was over 20 years old everything it worked pulled it lots of miles and a lot of years all thru the 80's.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when i was a kid my parents owned a 1969 Fan travel trailer it was over 20 years old everything it worked pulled it lots of miles and a lot of years all thru the 80's.
    I was talking in reference to the “lack” of support

It isn’t reasonable imo to expect a manufacturer to help after 8 years
    Good luck

Why can’t it be fixed btw?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I was talking in reference to the “lack” of support

It isn’t reasonable imo to expect a manufacturer to help after 8 years
    Good luck

Why can’t it be fixed btw?
    lippert or grand design was'nt even considered to repairthey said insurance would'nt do it..

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lippert or grand design was'nt even considered to repairthey said insurance would'nt do it..
    Sorry for you troubles - any chance you have photos that you can share? Might help others down the road Did you buy it used BTW? How did the previous owner car for the unit (miles driven) if you did. I see you joined Nov 2021

Lippert fully covered the frame crack repairs (including new sub framing and cross members) on my 2018, and GD pitched in with new coroplast (belly fabric).

Did you set up a case # with GD or Lippert? While I don't know you or how you approached the issue, sometimes being pleasant and calm and working with folks goes a long way in negotiating things.

Last have you ever scaled your trailer loaded? A lot of folks are overloaded and don't even know it. This can add to frame stress. Not saying your were, just passing information to others to check.

Good luck finding a better brand. Lippert builds the frames for most brands and the other working components are the same too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Sorry for you troubles - any chance you have photos that you can share? Might help others down the road Did you buy it used BTW? How did the previous owner car for the unit (miles driven) if you did. I see you joined Nov 2021

Lippert fully covered the frame crack repairs (including new sub framing and cross members) on my 2018, and GD pitched in with new coroplast (belly fabric).

Did you set up a case # with GD or Lippert? While I don't know you or how you approached the issue, sometimes being pleasant and calm and working with folks goes a long way in negotiating things.

Last have you ever scaled your trailer loaded? A lot of folks are overloaded and don't even know it. This can add to frame stress. Not saying your were, just passing information to others to check.

Good luck finding a better brand. Lippert builds the frames for most brands and the other working components are the same too.
    here some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0700.jpg   IMG_0709.jpg   IMG_0698.jpg   IMG_0699.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    here some pics
    That is a secondary wall frame and easily repairable (especially as I see it removed) by any good welding shop the works with aluminum.

Are there any cracks in the main steel frame from the pin box back to the trailer floor?. With just that crack I cant understand it being totaled. Just my thoughts
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here some pics
    more pics of break
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3184.jpg   IMG_3185.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast