User Tag List

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LiFePO4 battery charger recommendations

My 50 year old FLA battery charger still works but not for lithiums. I found a place to store the RV for the winter but there is no electricity and it's an open lot. Outdoor temps will be below freezing most of the winter and possibly below zero close enough to damage the batteries. So my plan was to pull the batteries. But using the leveling jacks to disconnect and place trailer in a good position will likely bring the charge level down a bit and Battleborn recommends full charge for storage. I could leave them in and weather permitting see if the solar tops them off, but I'd probably want to top them off before installing them in the spring anyway. So does anyone have a lithium charger for home that they would recommend?
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some table chargers that you can get on amazon that would do the job.
    I always carry arround my NoCo charger. Small, light and does all types of batteries.
    As for storing you lithium batteries there's different opinions out. Most say to store them at 60% SOC. They can also be stored outside in freezing but given the price, I'm on the side that would bring them inside.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    There are some table chargers that you can get on amazon that would do the job.
    I always carry arround my NoCo charger. Small, light and does all types of batteries.
    As for storing you lithium batteries there's different opinions out. Most say to store them at 60% SOC. They can also be stored outside in freezing but given the price, I'm on the side that would bring them inside.
    Thanks. Noco was on my mind. Went through the lithium storage charge in prior posts - Battleborn is different in that they say store them fully charged.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks. Noco was on my mind. Went through the lithium storage charge in prior posts - Battleborn is different in that they say store them fully charged.
    I read somewhere (in this forum) that a user here spoke with a BB tech and was told that they were changing their recommendation on storing at 100%. they are now recommending 50% to 60%. I also have seen videos that state storing at 100% will cause the batteries to bulge.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I read somewhere (in this forum) that a user here spoke with a BB tech and was told that they were changing their recommendation on storing at 100%. they are now recommending 50% to 60%. I also have seen videos that state storing at 100% will cause the batteries to bulge.
    Well, that will get another call from me but in the initial call they said their "batteries were different" and to bring them up to 14.4V though that seems more of a convenience issue so that you have something left when you connect them again in the spring. On their website, they still say bring them up to 100%. I dunno.
    Robin & John

2023 stays