User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that's normal for the RV industry. Poor manufacturing quality mean owners get to deal with these things post-purchase. Normal, but not right.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj2800 View Post
    I do have it in writing with pictures from GM of dealership.
    I also had him initial the pictures. Like I said I’ve had a GD product before and it never looked like this. I agree that there is something wrong.
    I would try and also get it in writing from GD, could even be an email. Never trust the dealership, they are not the ones that have the final say on warranties.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think you should get something in writing to cover this poor workmanship or demand the roof be replaced with no bubbles in the off season. I have heard a lot of stories of peoples roofs coming off and frames breaking uncalled for.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased brand new 2023 and the dealership and GD are telling me this is normal. My previous rig never had a single bubble in the roof. This brand new rig has bubbles all over the roof. Is this normal, because I’m being told by GD customer service and the dealer that bubbles are normal. Attachment 43900Attachment 43901Attachment 43902Attachment 43903
    Our 2021 337 RLS (Made Pre Pandemic) was worse than that. The Slide roof membrane didn't even appear to be glued down, when I would blow top of slides the membrane would flap in wind. Grand design agreed to repair only the front leading edge of the main roof. Upon attempting to make the repair the dealer quickly learned that that it is impossible to repair a section because once they are glued down you cannot re-glue. Grand design authorized a complete new roof slides & all, it is very smooth now.
    Mike & Karen
    2021 337 RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 DRW Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new 5th wheel had loose material running along the curb side edge of the roof. I felt pretty good after contacting Alpha Systems directly. Their customer service rep was very responsive and had me send her a series of photos of the roof. She then replied to that email and wrote "it's normal." She also attached a letter Alpha has posted on their website that addresses the loose roof material.

I'm not suggesting any of this is "normal," just that maybe you could contact the roof material manufacturer directly to get their opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha Systems Cust Serv Email.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	43950
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No not normal don't care what you have in writing ,year from now going down the freeway and boom need a new roof wonder who will pay may not happen the first year but later on I bet I could hear them sorry the time has run out .What if you were to try to sell later if I was looking at it ,I would look somewhere else .

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never put up with that... The looser it is the more likely it will flap in the wind on the road...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased brand new 2023 and the dealership and GD are telling me this is normal. My previous rig never had a single bubble in the roof. This brand new rig has bubbles all over the roof. Is this normal, because I’m being told by GD customer service and the dealer that bubbles are normal. Attachment 43900Attachment 43901Attachment 43902Attachment 43903
    No, it is not normal. The membrane should be completely glued down to the decking with no bubbles. I had bubbles on our GD camper when we took delivery which weren't as bad as yours. Long story short - GD authorized a new roof and dealer messed up the install twice and made everything worse. I finally went to RV Roof Install and had a commercial grade roof installed which is my fourth roof. If you trust your dealer, push for a new roof.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 300GK 5'er that had 3to4 bubbles.. in 2017,Ok'd under warranty, dealer was going to replace roof (even had it in shop) then GD reassessed & rejected replacement. Said the(a) % of roof was good &wouldn't replace!! (Percentage?) May be thinkn the same for U?
    Now 2022 & some bubbles have gottn a bit bigger & wrinkles have developed along edges & corners! Out of warranty now...but no leaks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2019, 2970RL on a rainy day in March 2019. Dealership didn't really want me climbing up onto the roof. Few weeks later I climbed up for some reason and noticed hundred of small bubbles, some about 3 inches in diameter. Took it back and they said they would call GD for repair authorization. Three weeks later they told us GD declined the claim. I called GD and was informed that there was NO correspondence from the dealer regarding a roof claim. I was very upset and told them the dealer was horrible and I would never set foot in that store again. GD suggested I take it to any RV repair business and have them contact GD. Went to Affordable RV in Auburn, CA and they agreed the roof was horrible. They even convinced GD to replace the roof with a PVC roof material. The PVC roof has a 15 year warranty. One down side is that the roof is VERY, VERY slippery when damp. Just a little moisture can send ya sliding. Washing the roof is a challenge.
    2019 Imagine 2970RL
    2017 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7L diesel, SRW, short bed
    Pungo 120 Kayaks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12