User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two 6 volt batteries have been sitting with no house power on, but still hooked up since the end of October, do you think there still ok. I know nothing about the batteries, my previous unit was a park model trailer that just ran on house power

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally they should be fully charged before you disconnect them.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brento View Post
    The two 6 volt batteries have been sitting with no house power on, but still hooked up since the end of October, do you think there still ok. I know nothing about the batteries, my previous unit was a park model trailer that just ran on house power
    Even if you turned the Battery Disconnect Switch to the "OFF" position, you could be looking at dead batteries, since many Battery Disconnect Switches don't disconnect all power draws. If you didn't turn the Battery Disconnect Switch to "OFF", you definitely have dead batteries. No way to tell short of going and checking.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My 2023 GD is in an RV park that shuts off the house water and power from end of October to April 1st. The temperatures can get down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. I was told by the technician to disconnect the batteries and store them inside my unit ????
    Per the earlier notes, if you just walked away, or just turned the switch off, they might be getting low or (unlikely) dead. It depends on the specific setup of your trailer, but there will still be a few things that still get power even with the switch to off. Smoke detectors, digital displays, etc. None draw much, but over time....in which case, you need to get them charged up again, and then can disconnect them.
    If you did disconnect by taking wires off of a terminal, and they were originally fully charged, no issues. Batteries love the cold and can go very, very long times without worry. Fully charged they won't freeze until they get to -72F. None of my 6 are ever at less than 90% fully charged after 6 months outside in a Minnesota winter. I've got a couple that are now on their 11th year, with no issue being left as they were, outside.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2023 GD is in an RV park that shuts off the house water and power from end of October to April 1st. The temperatures can get down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. I was told by the technician to disconnect the batteries and store them inside my unit ????
    Haha, because it's going to be warmer inside the RV? No, don't bother with that. If it's 0 outside, it'll be close to zero inside unless the sun warms it to 5 or 10. If you can't put them someplace above freezing just leave them but make sure they are charged up and disconnect the negative terminal.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave my unit plugged in. I'm always working on the rig. Obviously, we have cold temps, but not like minnesota or Alberta. We're in the teens and might see single digits. I've realized the converter is the King. Glad to see GD put in the PD 9200 series which has the smart programs (4 modes).
    Last edited by MurphyIRE; 11-23-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    MurphyIRE
    2021 Reflection 310 RLS (5th wheel)
    2018 F350 CC 6.7L 4x4, B&W Ford puck system

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Per the earlier notes, if you just walked away, or just turned the switch off, they might be getting low or (unlikely) dead. It depends on the specific setup of your trailer, but there will still be a few things that still get power even with the switch to off. Smoke detectors, digital displays, etc. None draw much, but over time....in which case, you need to get them charged up again, and then can disconnect them.
    If you did disconnect by taking wires off of a terminal, and they were originally fully charged, no issues. Batteries love the cold and can go very, very long times without worry. Fully charged they won't freeze until they get to -72F. None of my 6 are ever at less than 90% fully charged after 6 months outside in a Minnesota winter. I've got a couple that are now on their 11th year, with no issue being left as they were, outside.
    Thanks, every bit of knowledge helps, I had a 1995 Glendale Park model which is as basis as you can get. No batteries, no tanks, all old school. I’m sure we’re going to love the GD, I just have to learn all the systems. I’ve kind of gone from a VW Bug to a Porsche, it’s a learning curve. It’s all winterized and covered, I just have to get this battery issue fixed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure we’re going to love the GD, I just have to learn all the systems. I’ve kind of gone from a VW Bug to a Porsche, it’s a learning curve.
    Yep! More stuff to learn!
    MurphyIRE
    2021 Reflection 310 RLS (5th wheel)
    2018 F350 CC 6.7L 4x4, B&W Ford puck system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12